Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #1

Garage
Window frame coming off

Hopefully my pic downloads here, too, but I'm asking how to reattach the passenger side window frame to the louvered window next to the bench seat. There are a couple of obvious square attachment points above and below the opener but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to access them through the frame since it's covered with material. Or were they originally attached from the outside? 3 or 4 of the original screws are now missing. Only one of them (the lower left) has a cap covering the screw on the inside. I just can't see how they attached a screw from the inside without tearing up the frame. If I end up having to drill holes in this lose frame, can I get those gray plastic screw covers from SMB or another source?

As an aside, this condition is messing with the performance of the window opener as well since the frame is now floating out of place. Does anyone have a good picture or diagram of how this screw-type opener is supposed to work? I think the original has been modified somewhat. It is functional but just barely.
Sorry about the rotated picture.
Thanks for the help!

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
2017-07-05 11.49.21-2.jpg  

Makalu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:11 PM   #2

I've seen a few of those trim pieces from SMB and they are usually just screwed in. Any screw should do, but sure you can find the trim cap style from SMB or anywhere really.

The crank mechanisms wear out. First try tightening the screw in the middle of the knob. If that doesn't do it, remove the know and see if the gear teeth are chewed up. Sometimes it's the obvious ones where the knob connects and sometimes it's the internal ones which requires a window pull and some know-how to fix. If you're near Tennessee I'll be glad to help but I see you probably aren't.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote