Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #161

FYI - If any of you thinking about getting a Fiamma awning can team up with another person nearby wanting an awning, the shipping savings per awning can be quite significant shipping two.

Getting down to a couple of Z bracket sets! If you want one for the beginning of summer, now is the time to buy.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:19 PM   #162

Count me in! Edit to add....Will these work with a fixed top (fibrine)?
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:25 AM   #163

Garage
Count me in for the last set of brackets.

Also, I'm going to order a Fiamma Awning. If anyone else who wants an awning lives relatively close to Salt Lake wants to split shipping, let me know and we can work it out.
Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #164

The top I bought from MSD was not reverse flange and left a lot of the rain gutter exposed after mounting. I haven't seen a fiberine in person but if some of the rain gutter is covered these won't work.

Luke

Quote:
Originally Posted by saline View Post
Count me in! Edit to add....Will these work with a fixed top (fibrine)?
Old 04-08-2017, 01:56 PM   #165

Hey guys! I am out of Awning Brackets and want to know if there is enough interest to warrant running another batch of 20. Let me know. Once we have about ten people paid up, I will go for it and hope the rest sell over the rest of the summer.

Let me know if any questions!

Also have access to Fiamma awnings for anyone wanting an a great awning!
Old 04-20-2017, 09:34 PM   #166

Garage
The awning and brackets are here and ready for install! Thanks to 1der for making it all so easy.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how they all are supposed to work together. Does anyone have any pictures of how this is supposed to go together? I suspect I might be missing some pieces.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:20 PM   #167

Give me a call when you have a chance and we can over what you have and how it goes together. Looks more complicated than it is

I will write up something and post in a bit.

Cheers, Ray
Old 04-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #168

Install of awning:

Install Z awning brackets first.
The front bracket goes pretty much in one place. It goes on the pillar between the passenger front door and the side door. The middle bracket goes against the body exterior just to the rear of the side door. To locate the rear most bracket, pull a tape 8' 2" from the front edge of the front bracket, the 8' 2" should be the rear edge of the rear bracket. Tighten all the hardware for the brackets to make sure they are secure on the gutters.

The awning hangs on the front and rear brackets. The bend at the top of the brackets slips into the extrusion lip on the top backside of the awning. In the awning install package are three small stainless steel screws and nuts. Use these three to secure the awning, one each, to the three brackets. Center the awning on the brackets bu sliding it front or rear, you should have about 12" overhang at the front and back. The awning will hang on the brackets. The three screws and nuts are all you will use from the Fiamma package to mount the awning.

Open the awning completely and make sure to use the legs of the awning. The awning case will be supported on the brackets but needs the legs to support the extended end. Keep in mind the awning case is just hanging on the brackets at this point, so some care is needed not to cause the awning case to pop off the brackets. Open the awning a couple of feet and drop and extend the legs down so they are supporting the awning. Lock the legs at a level where the awning is at least level, not drooping. Crank it out a bit more and re-position the legs, doing this until it is fully extended and supported.

You will be match drilling a hole for these small screws from inside the awning case through the back of the awning case and the bracket. The button head screw goes on the outside, the nut goes inside the awning case. Make sure this hole is low enough so the rolled up awning does not rub on the nuts. Secure the crews and nuts for the front and rear brackets first. You will need to close the awning most of the way to tighten the screw/nut through the middle bracket unless you are an alien and have really long tentacles.

Make sure to clean up any metal shavings in the gutter and inside the awning.

I am happy to go through more details to clarify any of the above. That gives you a decent overview, though. Just call! Ray
Old 04-21-2017, 08:37 AM   #169

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Install of awning:

...Amazing instructions...

I am happy to go through more details to clarify any of the above. That gives you a decent overview, though. Just call! Ray
Based on your instructions, I'm pretty sure I'm missing some pieces. The brackets don't have a way to connect to the van. I know where they go, but there isn't a piece to clamp to the gutter. I'll take a picture of what I have when I get home tonight and I'll look around again and see if I can figure out where they went. I hope they didn't get tossed when I cleaned the garage.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:57 PM   #170

Garage
Yep. There are pieces missing. I'm missing the smaller Z shaped parts that clamp to the top of the raingutter.

Hopefully 1der will share the dimensions of the missing pieces so I can fab some up myself.