Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2017, 10:49 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust Bus View Post
Yep. There are pieces missing. I'm missing the smaller Z shaped parts that clamp to the top of the raingutter.

Hopefully 1der will share the dimensions of the missing pieces so I can fab some up myself.
Bummer. I looked around to see if perhaps I had not put them in the box, but nothing extra here. I match everything up pretty carefully. Do you have the nuts and bolts and plastic caps?

Old 04-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #172

I'm interested in a set of brackets for an ARB or Mombasa Awning (haven't purchased the awning yet) - anything left?
peakbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 10:08 AM   #173

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Bummer. I looked around to see if perhaps I had not put them in the box, but nothing extra here. I match everything up pretty carefully. Do you have the nuts and bolts and plastic caps?
This is all I have from you. I don't remember anything else in the box, but I was pretty excited. It's possible the rest was bundled up in the packaging and got tossed. There is a well stocked hardware store a block away, so I'm not worried about finding replacement bolts, nuts, etc.

Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 09:47 AM   #174

Placed order for next batch of Z Awning Brackets (No Drilling into the body!) - ready mid June:

FYI - If you are in the east or mid-west, I can get the Fiamma awnings at a good price shipped to you. If you are on the west coast, - SMB West or Aluminess have the best prices if you can pick the awning up. Otherwise, I can get an awning delivered to you for a pretty darn good price. Had four of them go out just last month.

Z Awning Brackets: Price is $190

Door Talon/Claw: Price is $45
and includes shipping via US Priority Mail to US addresses.
Payment: Via PayPal** to searay230@gmail.com .
Please select Friends and Family option and include the following in the comments section:
*Forum Name
*Name
*Shipping information
*Phone number

**alternate payment arrangements can be made as well.

PM or call me if any questions! Thanks!!

Ray
Old 05-20-2017, 10:55 PM   #175

Picked up an awning from Aluminess a couple of weeks ago and finally installed it today with brackets bought from Ray last October. The picture and diagram above with 1der's description in #168 were all that was needed as guidance. The setup will be used quite a bit this summer! Good quality all the way around.
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:39 AM   #176

Garage
Finally got the awning installed this weekend and we love it!

The front bracket needs some tweaking to clamp to the van a little more securely, and the awning doesn't quite retract all the way at that end. It shouldn't be too difficult to get it all working good.
Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 09:47 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust Bus View Post
Finally got the awning installed this weekend and we love it!

The front bracket needs some tweaking to clamp to the van a little more securely, and the awning doesn't quite retract all the way at that end. It shouldn't be too difficult to get it all working good.
Matt - Glad it all worked out!

Each one of these vans seems to be a slight bit different, and, at times, tweaking is necessary.

The tapering of the van gutter towards the back creates the case closing issue. There are a couple of ways to resolve this. The easiest seems to be to extend the awning all the way until it starts to droop. Add a piece of thin wide clear tape on the awning under surface (out of the sun) towards the end that is not quite closing. The additional thickness will cause that end of the awning to roll up a bit faster. It is usually the aft part of the case that does not quite close. I have not had to do this but am told it works well.

If you try it, let us know what the results are. Thxs!
Old 06-03-2017, 03:17 AM   #178

Looking for brackets to fit a 91 Dodge B van, would these work?
Ohiocampervan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:04 AM   #179

Hi Ray,
I would like to purchase Z brackets for a Fiamma awning for a 2007 GMC SMB. Is it too late to join your June buildout of parts? I can pay right away.

Regards,
Albert
Supersporttramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 06:53 PM   #180

Hi Ray,
I'd like to get on your list for the next batch of brackets. Thank you.
Tony
quietamerican is offline   Reply With Quote