Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2020, 11:45 AM   #321

Have you ever thought about making brackets like use above the rear doors on E series vans? The ARB 4" awning looks perfect for above the rear doors.....

Thanks,

Brian

BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 05:39 PM   #322

I would be interested
Captian K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:49 PM   #323

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBlair View Post
Have you ever thought about making brackets like use above the rear doors on E series vans? The ARB 4" awning looks perfect for above the rear doors.....Thanks,Brian
Hey Brian! Yes, I have given brackets for the rear doors some thought. The issue is they have to be designed to clear the doors when closed. Clamping to the gutter alone does not provide nearly enough support and there is nothing to leverage the bracket against as is done with the front Z awning bracket.

A solution could be a bracket that is through bolted atop the small rear section of roof (and supporting piece below that because the roof there is flimsy) left on the pop tops. But the bracket would have to follow the contour of the roof down to the gutter so as to not interfere with the pop top closing. And then of course there is the drilling of holes in the exterior which I try to avoid.

I am open to ideas, if someone has an approach that could work.
Old 06-07-2020, 11:07 PM   #324

Just checking....

I want to be clear, I am very happy with these brackets that 1der made and is selling, this is not a criticism. I just want to make sure that I installed them correctly and that I avoid any future issues.

I have an ARB 2500x2500 awning and I only used two of the mounting brackets, it’s a very light unit. I installed the brackets after measuring and punching the holes in about 45 minutes, by myself, which I was very happy with. When I lowered the top, I had my wife watch just to make sure it didn’t catch on anything and it went smoothly but the rubber gasket seal does seem to be slightly higher in the back now. Is this normal? Or should I do something different to allow the gasket to seal around the bracket better? Again, very happy with the product, I just want some guidance on proper installation. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
BA95291B-1377-4C70-83F3-040EBE565433.jpg   9CF82E0F-D181-4D40-8DF2-293751AF85EB.jpg  
lmpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:09 AM   #325

Impetersen - lets see what might be going on. Please text (you should have my ph number) or email pics to me that show the following:
Rear bracket close ups with top raised so I can see how the Clamp piece is sitting in the gutter. Some looking down the gutter from front and rear.
Picture of the driver side showing how the top is resting on the van.

Is the picture you posted taken with the top clamped down or is it just down resting and not clamped? Thxs! Ray
Old 06-13-2020, 09:24 AM   #326

Hi All - I am out of Awning Brackets as of today.

My minimum order quantity is batches of 24 sets. At the beginning of doing these bracket sets I required a minimum prepaid commitment of units up front before placing the order. I am going back to that model going forward.

15 prepaid orders is close enough for me to go on the hook and place the fabrication order for the 24 sets.

FOR THIS UPCOMING ORDER ONLY the first FIFTEEN paid orders will get the $213 price. All additional bracket sets will be at $250. Shipping is included.

Payment is via PayPal using Friends and Family to SeaRay230@gmail.com. Please put "BRACKET SET", your forum handle, shipping and contact info in the Comments section. (If you choose Merchandise then the prices are $220 vs $213 / $259 vs $250)

If you have prepaid and we do not get enough people to commit I will refund the money to you. Cut off date will be July 31st to get the fifteen paid order minimum. Hopefully we can get to 15 long before then. It takes about five weeks to get the finished product ready to ship.

The costs of fabrication, hardware and postage has increased. So, if you want a set at the current $213 price, and you want to help me and the other members who want brackets, please get your payment in ASAP so I can place this order quickly.

If you want to order a Fiamma awning at the same time please let me know. I can provide pricing information and delivery costs via PM.

Please let me know if any questions or suggestions.
Old 06-29-2020, 02:54 PM   #327

Paid.

I'll order a awning once the brackets are being made, or shortly after.
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #328

Are you still taking orders for the next batch? If so, I’ll get you the funds via Paypal ASAP.
Thanks,
Ron
RSN473 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 04:34 PM   #329

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSN473 View Post
Are you still taking orders for the next batch? If so, I’ll get you the funds via Paypal ASAP.
Thanks,
Ron

Yes Ron, the order for the new batch is in and expected shipping is mid to late August. thxs!
Old 07-08-2020, 06:18 PM   #330

Funds sent!
Thanks man
RSN473 is offline   Reply With Quote