Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2018, 03:12 PM   #241

Ray
I was wondering if these brackets would work on my new 2017 eb express. Headed to Fresno in a couple weeks to have a pop top installed and going to pick up a awning. Do you think I should get the 3.5 meter awning with the eb. I do have a aluminess ladder but it is on the drivers side. Just dropped the van off at advanced for the 4x4. I love the idea of not drilling thru the van ,but I will pick up a set of SMB brackets if needed.
Thanks

Kunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #242

Hi Kunz, Thes e will only work on the Ford vans, The roof profiles and gutters are very different on the GMC/Chevy vans.

re: awning size - Personally, I think the 3 meter is a perfect size for our vans. It will still give you use of your ladder to get to the roof. The 3.5 case is 11.5 ft long and will likely extend past your ladder. In either length, you will want it to overlap the front / side door seam about 11" to 13". Figure out which works best for you.

Ray
Old 02-12-2018, 09:43 PM   #243

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
New batch of Awning Z Brackets is coming in a couple of weeks. Let me know if you want a set.

Put me down for a set!
brushogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:22 AM   #244

Hello, new owner/ member here. I'm trying to do as much catch up with information as I can. Are these brackets still available? And if they are if I'm reading correctly they attached to the gutters on my van? We are wanting to put an ARB awning on our van in the near future but obviously can't and don't want to attach it to the rack attached to the penthouse top. Thanks for the information. And I appreciate the wealth of knowledge and information I have gotten on this forum so far. Even though this is my first post
pavement ends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #245

Sets are available.!

Paypal payment. I will PM info. Thxs! Ray
Old 02-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #246

Garage
Pm me the email address and amount and I’ll get it to you, or just post the info in a reply on this thread. I’m pumped!!!!!
brushogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushogger View Post
Pm me the email address and amount and I’ll get it to you, or just post the info in a reply on this thread. I’m pumped!!!!!
That works

PayPal $192 (includes shipping) using Friends and Family to:

searay230@gmail.com

Please put all your shipping and contact info in the comments section. It is helpful if you also include your forum name. Thxs!!
Old 02-23-2018, 03:31 PM   #248

Payment sent. What a great resource. Thanks!!
pavement ends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 06:52 PM   #249

Garage
Any left? Mine are bent and my passenger door hits now. Could be time for a new set or can I bend them back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel View Post
Any left? Mine are bent and my passenger door hits now. Could be time for a new set or can I bend them back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have more already made but will not be able to ship them out until we are back from skiing around the beginning of April.

Depending on how and where it is bent, you may be able to bend it back. Email me a picture and I will be able to tell or advise. Do not try to bend it while it is on the gutter. It needs to be in a vice and carefully bent, maybe even a little heat. Please send me the picture.