Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2021, 01:22 PM   #381

Hey Mike. Thule awning is 10x8 with manual reel. Came with an “L” bracket that fastened onto square head 10mm screws on backside of awning. The Two L’s hung from my crossbars, but the weight was too much for the manual pop up, sheared the screw in the internal crossbar on awning side. Local shop was hesitant to screw brackets into rain gutter and I was hesitant to hardware where it didn’t need to be.

Rays brackets married up nicely. Did require removing gutter filler for adequate and stable purchase of clamps. So far holding very well. Plan on tightening nuts after first washboard when I mtn bike today. Definitely recommend and very thankful Ray made this possible!!

NatureKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 03:17 PM   #382

Did the brackets look like the ones in this picture? If so...the silver ones? or the black ones?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thule-direct-mount-bracket.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	38753

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thule-rack-mount.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	38754
MorieSugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:59 PM   #383

Garage
Hi 1der Ray! Was just looking through your website for the brackets and noticed the statement: Only for Ford Econoline vans, years 1992 - 2014; coming soon: brackets for Chevy / GMC Express vans.

I have a 2006 GMC Savana with slider door and a Sportsmobile pop top... will the brackets work or am I waiting for the Checy/GMC vans versions? If so... any idea how long. Take my money! =]

Thanks!
Skivvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:07 PM   #384

Hi,

I just purchased a 1996 Ford econoline high top and wanted to put some kind of awning onto it. I really like the ABR awning with attachable room. The only way to attach is using the rain gutters would your brackets work?

Thank you,

Kristy
kris1300@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:06 AM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris1300@msn.com View Post
Hi,

I just purchased a 1996 Ford econoline high top and wanted to put some kind of awning onto it. I really like the ABR awning with attachable room. The only way to attach is using the rain gutters would your brackets work?
Thank you, Kristy
Hi Kristy, the Z brackets may if may not work, it depends on how much gutter is showing and how far out/down the fixed top sits relative to the gutter.

I always tell people w fixed tops that most of the time their awnings can mounted to the side of the top. What is needed are wedges between the awning mounts and the fiberglass top to compensate for the curves in the top. A through bolt w backing plate inside provides enough support.

A problem can arise if the top has windows in the sides where the mounts want to be located.
Old 04-30-2021, 09:40 PM   #386

Ray, I bought brackets for a fiamma awning and I am thinking of going with CVT for the time being. Will the brackets still work and I just use two of them?

Also, does anyone know which series of CVT to use? The Pioneer or the Hybrid awning system? I am having trouble figuring out what is different about them.
jamesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 02:35 PM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Hey Brian! Yes, I have given brackets for the rear doors some thought. The issue is they have to be designed to clear the doors when closed. Clamping to the gutter alone does not provide nearly enough support and there is nothing to leverage the bracket against as is done with the front Z awning bracket.

A solution could be a bracket that is through bolted atop the small rear section of roof (and supporting piece below that because the roof there is flimsy) left on the pop tops. But the bracket would have to follow the contour of the roof down to the gutter so as to not interfere with the pop top closing. And then of course there is the drilling of holes in the exterior which I try to avoid.

I am open to ideas, if someone has an approach that could work.
I'm still tinkering with this idea and hoping to come up with something.....

It occurred to me that if the brackets wrapped around the rain gutter corner there might just be a way to make a no drill solution work.

Basically, on the rearward facing portion of the rain gutter the mount would just have a foot that sits in the gutter. Then, the bracket makes a 90d turn onto the side of the vehicle. I'm envisioning a forward extension of maybe 3-4 inches and then the mount would clamp on the SIDE rain gutter. The weight of the awning would be pulling up on the clamped mount(as last that's how it looks to my non-engineer brain).

BB
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:51 PM   #388

I have a 2002 Pleasure-Way Traverse. Its a pop top on a E-250. Would these work for me?
What is your website that I saw in the comments.

Thank you!
Daisy
Traversing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:32 PM   #389

Hi Daisy, welcome to SportsmobileForum.com!

The website for ordering brackets and other items is www.BlingMyRig.com.

I have a quite a few E-series based Pleasure Way owners who have purchased the brackets to mount awnings to their rigs. Keep in mind there may be a little bit of tweaking required but the brackets work. Let me know if any questions. Do you need an awning? Thxs!
Old 06-10-2021, 02:17 PM   #390

Garage
Ordered a set for my 2006 GMC Savana. Looking forward to setting it up.

Question: Do you have any details about the hole that needs to be drilled? I assume they come with instructions on how and where but just curious what I've gotten myself into. ;-) Thanks Ray.
Skivvie is offline   Reply With Quote