Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2022, 03:08 PM   #411

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
re: ARB sets - I only did that for one run. You can buy a full set, use the front and rear brackets and hang on to the middle bracket and hardware in case you want to move to a Fiamma awning in the future.
I use these with an 8' ARB awning. Drill the 2 mounting bolt holes into each bracket face and you're good to go. I use all 3 brackets. I figured I might as well.. no harm done and it adds even more security. My ARB awning will not be flying off anytime soon!

N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 06:56 AM   #412

Just wanted to report the new awning brackets arrived here in Maine on Wednesday eve. I've been sitting on the Fiamma awning 1der sent a month ago, and I am excited to give installation of the brackets and awning this weekend. They look rugged, great hardware, and the instructions and video make it look possible for this amateur.
MaineWildlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:41 PM   #413

Send a message via ICQ to stiggs Send a message via AIM to stiggs
Brackets and awning installed the detailed video made this install easy going

Thanks Ray!
Old 06-18-2022, 06:27 PM   #414

Very cool stiggs!!! You did have the SMB holes present in your rig, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiggs View Post
Brackets and awning installed the detailed video made this install easy going

Thanks Ray!
Old 06-18-2022, 06:34 PM   #415

Send a message via ICQ to stiggs Send a message via AIM to stiggs
No holes until the ones I put in to install the screws that came with your brackets.
Old 07-06-2022, 03:00 AM   #416
Ldo

In for information on fitment with tufport hightop as well. I'm getting the hightop in about a month and currently have the Fiamma 45s on my rig. Would hate to get rid of it if I can't mount it on the gutter with these brackets.

When will these be in stock again?
Ldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 05:45 PM   #417

If allowed, does anyone have a third (middle) bracket they don't need, that I can buy off you?

My current setup has a flat middle, and offset ends, which bows out my ARB awning in the middle. While it worked fine with the soft case, I just bought a hard case and there's too much pressure on the middle bracket for it to work.

Thanks! Nino
2010 E350 SMB
Kalamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:39 AM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalamath View Post
If allowed, does anyone have a third (middle) bracket they don't need, that I can buy off you?

My current setup has a flat middle, and offset ends, which bows out my ARB awning in the middle. While it worked fine with the soft case, I just bought a hard case and there's too much pressure on the middle bracket for it to work.

Thanks! Nino
2010 E350 SMB
Hi Nino, please send me your contact info at cs@BlingMyRig.com so I can give you a call to discuss what is going on. Thxs, 1der
Old 09-15-2022, 01:48 AM   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldo View Post
In for information on fitment with tufport hightop as well. I'm getting the hightop in about a month and currently have the Fiamma 45s on my rig. Would hate to get rid of it if I can't mount it on the gutter with these brackets.

When will these be in stock again?
Hi Ldo, the TufPort top is a nice top. I believe from the pictures I have seen that gutter mounting will be difficult without notching the bottom edge of the fiberglass.

I have also been told the TufPort tops have a wood reinforcement that runs down the side of the top. Personally, I would have no issues mounting my awning to the side of a fixed top. It will require only two mounting points about 18" in from each end, and a wedge to compensate for the curvature of the fiberglass. Through bolted with a backing plate and use of a polyurethane or lap sealant around the holes will provide a waterproof connection.

Post up some pictures of the top to gutter interfaces at the B pillar, just behind the side cargo door and about 8 ft back from the B pillar. Those pictures will give me an idea if the gutter mounts will work.
Old 12-07-2022, 03:12 PM   #420
Ldo

Is there a reason why the middle bracket is shorter and doesn't have the bent profile to hook onto the track like the two other ones?

I was hoping to bolt the Fiamma aluminum brackets to these and avoid additional drilling into the awning.
Ldo is offline   Reply With Quote