Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2022, 01:23 AM   #1

Cool E-Series Insulated/Rollup Window Covers

Last fall, I made this post regarding custom window covers my wife and I built for our rig, an EB passenger van (11 windows, not including the windshield!) Since then, our family of four has had the chance to use our covers in widely varying conditions, all while making tweaks to the design based on our experiences.

At last, we're ready to offer our custom-fit Overland Adventure Gear Ford E-Series Insulated Window Covers for sale to the community.

Front Window Covers (fits all E-Series 1992-2014):

Front Window Cover Features:
  • Water- and UV-resistant ripstop fabric
  • Semi-rigid PE insulation
  • Magnetic attachment to door frame
  • Reversible side-to-side depending on season
  • Accordion fold-up for storage

Passenger/Cargo Compartment Window Covers (barn door 60 as an example):

Closed:

Open:

Light & Privacy Feature (Peek-a-Boo Top Panel):

Here is the XL passenger side rear window from a passenger van:

Closed:

Open:

Passenger/Cargo Compartment Window Cover Features:
  • Water- and UV-resistant ripstop fabric (matches fronts)
  • Premium compressible synthetic insulation
  • Magnetic buckles for roll-up storage and driving
  • Permanently attached to van using existing mounting points--no holes drilled nor adhesives used
  • Backing magnets provided for use with factory plastic surrounds
  • Light & Privacy Feature (Peek-a-Boo Top Panel) is a no-cost option on all covers
  • Built-in stiffener to prevent sagging and help cover sit against the glass (minimizes condensation, thermal leakage, and light leakage)

I realize that some people may have sticker shock at first glance. As anyone who has built their own window covers will tell you, a lot of time and effort goes into making these covers. We are not out to make a fortune on these, nor are we competing for bottom dollar. We feel our covers are fairly priced based on the time and materials used to build them, and we will stand behind the quality of our covers.

At this time, our listings only cover OEM passenger and cargo window sizes. If you are interested in a custom size/application, please contact us directly. We have a system you can use to create a template directly from your own van, which we can then build to your exact requirements. We can also perform other customizations (fabric color/type, contrast stitching, thicker insulation, etc.)--just reach out and let us know what you have in mind.

All window covers are handmade to order in Longmont, Colorado, so lead times will be quoted at the time you place your order. Please keep this in mind, these are not "off the shelf"!

Last but not least: we have other products in the works (including a windshield cover) and welcome any/all feedback!

Old 04-04-2022, 06:22 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Personally I don't think your pricing is that outlandish---these photos show incredibly well-designed and executed pieces.

Having indeed made my own front door window covers that are nothing more than radiant barrier insulation sheeting cut to fit, their sole purpose is blocking others from peering inside while I'm parked overnight. The fit and finish of my parts is nothing compared to your offerings.

Another aspect to pricing is your offerings are a one-time expenditure and have that as a consideration in the overall.

I hope you do well with this business!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 07:06 AM   #3

Garage
Looks like you did a fantastic job with those shades and they seem like a much more robust option to the day/night RV versions... I'm not in the market at the moment, but would certainly put yours in the front runner category if I was.

Cheers!
Old 04-04-2022, 08:44 AM   #4

Thanks for the kind words guys! Like many of you, building out our van has been an enjoyable (and in our case, neverending) project. We too started with radiant barrier insulation sheeting cut to fit, and they worked fantastically for the first couple of years while we finished other projects. I obviously stole the roll-up idea from others on this forum who have been-there-done-that, and being able to store the covers on the passenger/cargo windows is a true luxury.

Even though winter is over, I have some cool FLIR thermal images I took while winter camping that I plan to share.
Old 04-04-2022, 10:46 PM   #5

That peek-a-boo top panel is an amazing touch! Well done!
1984 Dodge B250 Get-Away-Van camper conversion (sold)
neatvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Last fall, I made this post regarding custom window covers my wife and I built for our rig, an EB passenger van (11 windows, not including the windshield!) Since then, our family of four has had the chance to use our covers in widely varying conditions, all while making tweaks to the design based on our experiences.

At last, we're ready to offer our custom-fit Overland Adventure Gear Ford E-Series Insulated Window Covers for sale to the community.

Front Window Covers (fits all E-Series 1992-2014):

Front Window Cover Features:
  • Water- and UV-resistant ripstop fabric
  • Semi-rigid PE insulation
  • Magnetic attachment to door frame
  • Reversible side-to-side depending on season
  • Accordion fold-up for storage

Passenger/Cargo Compartment Window Covers (barn door 60 as an example):

Closed:

Open:

Here is the XL passenger side rear window from a passenger van:

Closed:

Open:

Passenger/Cargo Compartment Window Cover Features:
  • Water- and UV-resistant ripstop fabric (matches fronts)
  • Premium compressible synthetic insulation
  • Magnetic buckles for roll-up storage and driving
  • Permanently attached to van using existing mounting points--no holes drilled nor adhesives used
  • Backing magnets provided for use with factory plastic surrounds
  • Light & Privacy Feature (Peek-a-Boo Top Panel) is a no-cost option on all covers
  • Built-in stiffener to prevent sagging and help cover sit against the glass (minimizes condensation, thermal leakage, and light leakage)

I realize that some people may have sticker shock at first glance. As anyone who has built their own window covers will tell you, a lot of time and effort goes into making these covers. We are not out to make a fortune on these, nor are we competing for bottom dollar. We feel our covers are fairly priced based on the time and materials used to build them, and we will stand behind the quality of our covers.

At this time, our listings only cover OEM passenger and cargo window sizes. If you are interested in a custom size/application, please contact us directly. We have a system you can use to create a template directly from your own van, which we can then build to your exact requirements. We can also perform other customizations (fabric color/type, contrast stitching, thicker insulation, etc.)--just reach out and let us know what you have in mind.

All window covers are handmade to order in Longmont, Colorado, so lead times will be quoted at the time you place your order. Please keep this in mind, these are not "off the shelf"!

Last but not least: we have other products in the works (including a windshield cover) and welcome any/all feedback!
I want for my 2008 E350. Panel sides so it's 5 plus windshield
Only one window in back.
cliffdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 11:48 AM   #7

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdell View Post
I want for my 2008 E350. Panel sides so it's 5 plus windshield
Only one window in back.
my contact is jefflaplant@gmail.com
cliffdell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:09 PM   #8

Where do I find pricing? I have a 2002 E350 Super Duty extended 15 passenger van.
Rexhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 04:41 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexhess View Post
Where do I find pricing? I have a 2002 E350 Super Duty extended 15 passenger van.
https://overlandadventuregear.com/pr...-e-series-vans
Old 04-11-2022, 06:41 AM   #10
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Nicely done, might be interested in a full set for the project van.
Maybe you can clear this one thing up. I noticed in the photos the top plastic window trim piece was removed, assuming this is this just for install of the shades and trim piece can be replaced?
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insulation, privacy, window covers, window screens