Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2020, 01:38 PM   #441

No, they are not fixed. Push the release handle, and tap the rail the bolts need to go.

Old 09-25-2020, 02:02 PM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
huh? The forward and rear bolts on each side are at fixed positions....moving the seat on the track doesn't change that. See the red circles. The pre-drilled holes on the swivel mount don't line up with them.
Call me please, I left you a message. Thxs.

While the two bolts/stubs on each track are fixed to that track, the tracks can move independently from each other when the seat/sliders are removed from the base. So one track can be further forward than the other track. This results in the situation you are seeing. Measure the front to rear distance from stud to stud on each slider. Then measure the distance from hole to hole on the base. You will find that the distances match perfectly so the studs will match the holes IF sliders are correct relative to each other. Lift the slider release bar and move one of the sliders and you will see they move independent of each other. What you need to do is get back into the proper relationship for the two slides forward to back compared to each slide. That relationship is what is NOT fixed since each slide can move forward and back indecent of each other.
Old 09-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
No, they are not fixed. Push the release handle, and tap the rail the bolts need to go.

[youtube]
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 12:44 PM   #444

Hi tedujam- Thxs for the video explanation. It is an encouragement to me that I should do one of these for the whole installation. I am glad you got this to work for you.

As an observation from over a few hundred bases that have gone through these group buys, and from the twenty or so I have installed myself, the holes have lined up properly except from when the slider tracks get out of sync with each other. And by out of sync, it can be a fraction of an inch, just one notch.

I am guessing that you were able to accommodate the slight out of sync between the two tracks by loosening the mounting bar bolt and using some of the play in that attachment point to get the seat slider studs to fall into the holes. If the seat slides forward back without binding, go with it. If the seat binds while sliding then you will need to properly sync the slides which will necessitate loosening the mounting nut/bolt and returning to the original position.

It is certainly possible you received a base where that mounting bar was not correctly positioned. It is just that would be the first time. Thxs!
Old 09-26-2020, 01:25 PM   #445

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Hi tedujam- Thxs for the video explanation. It is an encouragement to me that I should do one of these for the whole installation. I am glad you got this to work for you.

As an observation from over a few hundred bases that have gone through these group buys, and from the twenty or so I have installed myself, the holes have lined up properly except from when the slider tracks get out of sync with each other. And by out of sync, it can be a fraction of an inch, just one notch.

I am guessing that you were able to accommodate the slight out of sync between the two tracks by loosening the mounting bar bolt and using some of the play in that attachment point to get the seat slider studs to fall into the holes. If the seat slides forward back without binding, go with it. If the seat binds while sliding then you will need to properly sync the slides which will necessitate loosening the mounting nut/bolt and returning to the original position.

It is certainly possible you received a base where that mounting bar was not correctly positioned. It is just that would be the first time. Thxs!
Thanks, a video is always helpful.

I think I said it 5 times in the video, but again, adjusting the tracks does not change the distance between the two bolts in the video/pic. Their distance is fixed. The holes on the swivel mount frame didn't match up until I loosened the bolts on the swivel and adjusted both sides.

Just saying, if you guys aren't 100% sure what the problem is, don't keep repeating the same advice/instructions. I had two other people in my garage saying "Why do they all keep telling you to adjust the seat slider? That doesn't change the distance between the two bolts on the side."
Attached Thumbnails
drivers side swivel2.jpg  
Old 09-26-2020, 01:59 PM   #446

Okay, Just so I am clear about the problem you ran into:

The centerline distance between the two studs on the slider is 12 inches, that is fixed since it is part of the slide. The distance between the two holes on the swivel base bars that they mount into was something different in your case, either longer or shorter than the 12 inches. That is what you are saying, correct? Did one side's slider fit into the holes properly and the other side did not?

This info will be helpful in the future for a person that runs into the same problem. Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Seat Base DimsRS2.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	36048
Old 09-26-2020, 02:10 PM   #447

Quote:
Okay, Just so I am clear about the problem you ran into:

The centerline distance between the two studs on the slider is 12 inches, that is fixed since it is part of the slide. The distance between the two holes on the swivel base bars that they mount into was something different in your case, either longer or shorter than the 12 inches. That is what you are saying, correct? Did one side's slider fit into the holes properly and the other side did not?

This info will be helpful in the future for a person that runs into the same problem. Thank you.

Attachment 36048
Yep, that was the issue. The two bolts on each side were 12" apart. The centerline of the holes on the swivel mount on each side were about 11 7/8". Once I loosened the 2 front bolts on the swivel mount base, I was able to wiggle it enough to gain 1/8" and drop it on the bolts.
Attached Thumbnails
swivel bolts.JPG  
Old 09-26-2020, 02:13 PM   #448

and these are great swivel seat bases, please don't get the wrong idea, I'm just harping on this in case someone else has the same issue and is beating their head against the wall after adjusting the seat slider 50 times.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:46 PM   #449

Quote:
I will get the shipping and payment info to everyone who has inquired. I will do that later today.

FYI - The seat base leadtimes started to get more than a bit nuts. So, I have already pre ordered to make sure we have some for us and not have to wait of get left out! Ship date might slip a bit.

If you really want one or two please get me your zip code (if you have not already) and then payment. I will NOT be able to increase the order towards the end as I have done in the past to accommodate late comers. Thanks!
I'd like to get in on this as well!
Do you ship them out of SF? Im just across the bay in Oakland
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:16 PM   #450

Hi Ray,
When you know the exact shipping time, will you post it so I can make sure I'm home to receive them. Otherwise, my very sweet neighbors will try to pick them up and put them in my house or theirs, until I get home. I worry they might hurt themselves.
Thanks,
Cynthia Griffith
cuiml8 is offline   Reply With Quote