Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2015, 05:07 PM   #31

Garage
Re: Ford E-Series Van HID Projector Retrofit lights

Please post up Hi and Lo pix side by side if you could.
Thanks

4.10 gears, Dana 44 TTB open carrier
VA7DTP
depark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:02 AM   #32
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

Speaking for myself I'd be VERY interested in any and all photos you'll share!

I've suddenly become re-energized with upgrading my current sealed beam set-up. I prefer the easiest and least uncomplicated approach, something as close to plug-n-play as possible. Its not that I'm unable to do a lot of modifications, just want something easily reversible if necessary.

Hope to see and read more about this project---looks promising.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 06:00 AM   #33
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF

Ya Steve, let's see em!
Redoval-do you include the side marker lights? Assume black with the black and clear with the chrome. Looks like you've got a little following on these, soon you'll be so busy trying to build these lights, you won't be able to return anyone's phone calls or emails! [emoji15]
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:19 PM   #34

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by depark
Please post up Hi and Lo pix side by side if you could.
Thanks
Depark-

As requested here are the low beam and high beam output shots at the bottom of this post. It's not all that dark where I am, even at 3am this morning, but you can see the intensity of the low beam and the extension of the high beam on the wall. The high beam function is a solenoid operated shield that drops out of the way when the high beams are turned on. Simply put, all of the projector's reflector capabilities are used completely when the high beams are activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA
Speaking for myself I'd be VERY interested in any and all photos you'll share!

I've suddenly become re-energized with upgrading my current sealed beam set-up. I prefer the easiest and least uncomplicated approach, something as close to plug-n-play as possible. Its not that I'm unable to do a lot of modifications, just want something easily reversible if necessary.

Hope to see and read more about this project---looks promising.
JWA-
My light kit is completely plug and play for the non-led daytime running light versions. The ones with the led daytime running lights need to have a wire run under the dash for the key-on ignition source. I just installed a set on a van with the sealed beams originally installed and with the adapter plugs included it was a nice and easy job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Ya Steve, let's see em!
Redoval-do you include the side marker lights? Assume black with the black and clear with the chrome. Looks like you've got a little following on these, soon you'll be so busy trying to build these lights, you won't be able to return anyone's phone calls or emails! [emoji15]
REF-
These do come with the corresponding side marker lights. I'm busy, but not enough to ignore my future customers! I will do my best to maintain a constant line of contact through the forum, phone or email. Feel free to contact me with any questions you have.

Scott
310-809-2570
Stredbull18@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
High Beam Output.jpg   Low Beam Output.jpg  
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #35

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDOVAL
Random Friday Special Offer!

I built a set of chrome lights (no led drl) for a customer but they changed their mind and they have been sitting around waiting for a sweet new rig to call a home. I don't think lights this good should be sitting around so I am offering this set for sale at $230 through midnight this Sunday March 1st. Be sure to jump on this deal especially if you are on the fence with the mod. There is nothing wrong with this set; they are simply a spare set that didn't make it to their original destination. They can ship out asap.

Thanks!

Scott
This set of discounted lights has been sold. Thanks and be on the lookout for more random specials for SMB members!

Which kit will you choose for your rig......chrome, chrome with led running lights, black, or black with running lights?

Scott
Old 03-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #36
REF

Just FYI- The vendor seems to be out of the 4300 HID bulb in the link to the ebay conversion kit that was posted, maybe have to find another source.

Also, wondering if these housings would work with an LED bulb, if there is one available, I've seen a few LED headlight bulbs out there but not sure if there's an H1 version or of the right kelvin, they tend to be higher values and not sure of the results. Can you post up a pic of the black version with the black side marker lights. Found these, but do you have access to a black shroud on the projector lens, think that would be slick with the black lights.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
Old 03-04-2015, 10:40 AM   #37

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Just FYI- The vendor seems to be out of the 4300 HID bulb in the link to the ebay conversion kit that was posted, maybe have to find another source.

Also, wondering if these housings would work with an LED bulb, if there is one available, I've seen a few LED headlight bulbs out there but not sure if there's an H1 version or of the right kelvin, they tend to be higher values and not sure of the results. Can you post up a pic of the black version with the black side marker lights. Found these, but do you have access to a black shroud on the projector lens, think that would be slick with the black lights.

REF,

I am uncertain that an LED bulb in the H1 platform exists. I will look into it either way. These projectors require an H1 bulb for reference.

I am aware of the vendor issue with the HID kit. The following are the updated links I recommend for this headlight set.

Link to the wire harness-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171221706222?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Link to the HID kit (select 4300k or 5000k color and indicate H1 bulb with ballasts, NOT 9007 as original to the van)-
http://www.ebay.com/itm/291217866682?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Scott
Old 03-04-2015, 10:54 AM   #38

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF

REF-

I stand corrected on my previous statement about the availability of H1 LED bulbs. They exist, but it seems like a very pricey experiment for the output shots they have on the site (mounted in a projector would be better output, but....)

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... tos&Videos

Scott
Old 03-04-2015, 12:11 PM   #39
REF

Thanks Scott, those are the LED's I was referring to, I just got their email, seems like a new item.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
Old 03-04-2015, 01:06 PM   #40

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REF
Thanks Scott, those are the LED's I was referring to, I just got their email, seems like a new item.
REF,

I only saw LEDs on one side of the bulb holder. The projector bowl relies on the full 360º bulb output to make the low/high beam cutoff work correctly. I doubt they are a fully functional item for a projector retrofit application.

Scott