Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2019, 09:12 AM   #551

I'm ready to spring for the upgrade, with one reservation. I don't doubt the performance and quality of Scott's products and customer service. The question I have is, with the high light output, whether anyone has had any law enforcement issues given that the assemblies are 'intended for offroad use with no DOT approvals'. Looks like there are a lot of installations out there, just wonder about the chances of being hassled for a compliance matter. Thanks in advance!

Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:35 AM   #552

We have had no issues whatsoever w law enforcement. Four years, many states and Mexico. And this is on a raised 4x4.

I keep a 4 mm adjustment tool handy in case I am rear loaded to keep the lights adjusted out of oncoming traffic. The cut off on these lights is so sharp it is easy to see where they need to be. I use a tape measure to determine height of the cut off just in front of the bumper, then go out about twenty feet and make sure it is a couple of inches below that.

When coming up behind a car at a stop light, I try to leave enough space so the lights are not coming through their back window. At times I supplement the long range lighting w driving lights in the Aluminess bumper. On low beams Scott’s lights are really, really nice. I really like how they illuminate the road signs and right side lane markings.

One downside to these or any headlights for that matter is lack of side illumination on off road tight curves. I want to add some side facing lights for those dark night situations.

You will be happy with this mod!

EDIT: That all bring said- IF you are in a state that has “full” vehicle inspection then DOT Cert may be a very valid concern.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:54 AM   #553

Due to the sharp cutoff, I have never had a single car flash their high beams at me. Properly adjusted, they just don't blind oncoming traffic unlike folks who just put super bright bulbs in stock housings.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:29 AM   #554

I'm sold, hoping Scott throws out a discount code for Black Friday!

;~)
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:30 AM   #555

Garage
Prior two posts pretty much cover the bases. But, as a comparison; just had the drivers side bulb go out while in Tennessee, drove most of the way back to Maryland without realizing it - only figured it out when we pulled up to a Truck Stop for coffee where I could see it was out from the reflection in the window. One illuminates better than when I had both OEM's.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:20 PM   #556

Hi Scott, (REDOVAL)

I sent you a couple of emails. I would like you to install your headlights on my van, please. You are the answer to all my problems of not being able to see at night!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Angel
2006 Chalet LTW 15ft. Folding Travel Trailer 14 in. tires
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 02:57 PM   #557

Mine are the 7x6 inch rectangular lights. Are those available or are the ones pictured a direct swap. It looks like I would have to remove some plastic shrouding around the lights to accommodate these with the angle on the inside center area.
craignmutts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:46 AM   #558

Black Friday

I was hoping for an excuse to finally pull the trigger on a set of these for my van, but they don't seem to be covered by the black friday sale.
MorieSugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:38 PM   #559

Garage
Hey all, took a slight break from the forum there for a bit. Light kits were understocked for quite some time due to product availability but we are back online and have plenty of 92-07 headlight parts available.

To celebrate the new year we have a coupon code good for 7% off available. Type in SMBJAN2020 and order up. We would ask that you have patience as we have quite a few orders in queue at this time.

We hope to be back online with the 08-up kits soon but don't have a date just yet.

https://www.vantageoptics.com/shop

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #560

Garage
I currently have 2 sets of the 9008/H13 Morimioto 2Stroke 2.0 LED bulbs for you 2008-newer Ford van guys in stock. These are a simple plug and play upgrade that offers greatly improved output from your stock XLT chrome style headlights.

Check them out here:
https://www.vantageoptics.com/shop/M...H13-p115305209

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
900558434.jpg  
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote