Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2023, 02:06 PM   #711

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecow View Post
I think it's about time to replace my HID bulbs as well. Scott, is it possible to retrofit my current headlights and projectors with your new LEDs, or is this a complete replacement?
The lights come as a completely new assembly with everything needed for the installation. The original items cannot be modded to work correctly as the lenses are fluted and run any potential output gains and benefits of a proper projector setup. Since they are a replacement setup that are custom built you can choose the exact look you want as well. If you have specific questions please shoot me an email to vantageoptics@gmail.com and I'd be happy to walk you through the options and recommendations.

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com

REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 08:01 AM   #712

Garage
How is it already July? June was another very intense month and we are super happy to have so many forum members using our items! Let's keep it going with coupon code SMBJULY23VO good for 10% off all orders. Lead times for custom lights has gone up a little but we are diligently working to keep up with the demand while keeping quality at the forefront. Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions (email below preferred).

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
Old 08-01-2023, 01:12 PM   #713

Garage
We'll keep this short and simple....the active coupon code for Vantage Optics products for August 2023 is SMBAUG23VO allowing for 10% off all purchases. Lead times have risen slightly but we are doing our best to keep a steady flow of orders with minimal backlog.

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
Old 10-02-2023, 11:58 AM   #714

Garage
Going into October we've enabled coupon code "SMBOCT23VO" good for 10% off products. We've been fortunate to have plenty of consistent work with many orders coming from this forum and we are very thankful for the continued support!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
Old 10-02-2023, 08:29 PM   #715

On the 08+ E-series headlights, how do you paint the inside reflective mirror surfaces without the worry of the paint flaking off a year down the road after a customer installs them? With high temps generated from the lights and the extreme chills when the lights arent on in the winter i would think that paint would tend to flake off of those surfaces?

My grill is black and i like the blacked out look i have, but i also dont want to spend extra money on new lights if the black out paint is going to start flaking off a year down the road..

I have the 5x7 lights currently and i dont mind the look, however there just is not sufficient light generated by them so im looking at swapping out for the fancy projector ones.

I photoshopped in the fancier headlights with the black grill and im not liking what i see. I then added a complete chrome grill and even though not terrible, im not sure if i like it or not. Any thoughts? The more i look at the chrome grill the more i start to think maybe mine has to much black?
Attached Thumbnails
rv2.jpg   rv2lights.jpg   rv2chrome.jpg  
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 03:59 AM   #716

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
On the 08+ E-series headlights, how do you paint the inside reflective mirror surfaces without the worry of the paint flaking off a year down the road after a customer installs them? With high temps generated from the lights and the extreme chills when the lights arent on in the winter i would think that paint would tend to flake off of those surfaces?

My grill is black and i like the blacked out look i have, but i also dont want to spend extra money on new lights if the black out paint is going to start flaking off a year down the road..

I have the 5x7 lights currently and i dont mind the look, however there just is not sufficient light generated by them so im looking at swapping out for the fancy projector ones.

I photoshopped in the fancier headlights with the black grill and im not liking what i see. I then added a complete chrome grill and even though not terrible, im not sure if i like it or not. Any thoughts? The more i look at the chrome grill the more i start to think maybe mine has to much black?
All painted surfaces are prepped to remove the chrome finish prior to spraying. I only use quality automotive paint that is sealed with a 2k clear. After many years of doing these I haven't heard of anyone mention paint related problems.

Personally I think the chrome/chrome front end looks best on your rig.

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
Old 11-01-2023, 03:46 PM   #717

Garage
Welcome to November and new discount code for SMB members. Use code 2023VANTAGESMB to save 10% on all products this month. We have been very busy the last few months but have managed to keep lead times low and product quality high. We recommend getting your orders in to make sure we can complete and ship them before the end of the year!

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
Old 11-02-2023, 07:26 AM   #718

ScrapIron -- dually ? Can't tell from the photo - thanks !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 08:31 AM   #719

Garage
Black Friday is here and it's go-time! Jump on this opportunity to save 12% on all of our available items! Simply punch in coupon code "BFVO2023" and cash in on the savings

Scott Thompson
Vantage Optics
vantageoptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
Old 11-24-2023, 05:34 PM   #720

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
ScrapIron -- dually ? Can't tell from the photo - thanks !
Yes its a dually chassis
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote