Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2021, 08:00 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyrig View Post
In my quest for my own Rock-n-Roll bed system I have made initial arrangements with a supplier from the UK. The cost to ship one was CRAZY high which led me to look into becoming a dealer for the US.
( still working on the details) The idea will be to supply builders and the DIY market with a crash tested and certified seat/bed.

With lots of back and forth we determined it would fit the Econoline/Promaster/Sprinter/VW.

I would love some feedback from the forum as to

1- " Do you see a need for these"
2- Size = Single, Double, Triple ( I feel the double will be most popular as it allows room for a RB50 style build.

Check out the seat/beds
https://youtu.be/6SW55M24wkc?t=48
Did you become a dealer yet? I’m looking to put 2 rock in roll seats in my econoline extended.

Kory B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:13 PM   #12

Not yet and with everything going on I don't know it will work out. Awesome product and they have plans to set up distribution in the Carolinas. backed up freight, and shipping costs are making it tough for a small guy. Sorry .. I was hoping to get these for myself
jimmyrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:12 PM   #13

Jimmy is right-- it is incredibly difficult to source a rock and roll bed. I ended up sourcing two convertible beds (trying-- started 2 months ago), so will have one extra when I'm finished with the interior in a few weeks, and will post on SMB.
scuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 10:00 AM   #14

Update: I pulled-off installing a fabworx bed in the back of my E350. It was very very difficult to import, and it just barely, barely, barely fits. (I damaged some interior trim getting it into the van, and we had to modify the frame to lower the bench -- they bullshitted me a little on the height of the seating surface, so I was still hitting my head when seated). All that said, the converting mechanism and length are pretty luxurious. Wouldn't necessarily do this again, but happy with how it turned out.
Attached Thumbnails
CropperCapture[574].jpg  
Old 07-25-2021, 07:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba View Post
Update: I pulled-off installing a fabworx bed in the back of my E350. .

Nice job @Scuba. Curious what year your E350 is. I don't recognize the lower side panel on the passenger side.
WellKnownHermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 06:51 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WellKnownHermit View Post
Nice job @Scuba. Curious what year your E350 is. I don't recognize the lower side panel on the passenger side.
Good eye-- one of the shops that worked on my van replaced my tan panels with stock grey ones, and the donor grey panel was boogered-up, so the shop made that piece. In retrospect I should have had them put in some storage, but at least I got a 12v outlet in it.
Old 08-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #17

I need the triple for a highroof e350 I just bought yesterday.
justbecause is offline   Reply With Quote