Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2015, 11:25 PM   #11

Stoked on these! Can I get on the list for a passenger side? Shipping to 97219

Thanks (i will send you a PM also)

gbayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:16 AM   #12

jekaio - Where are you?

If anyone has contact with this member - jekaio , please have him get in touch with me ASAP. He PM'd me a week ago, so he is on the list and I have his seat base ready to ship. We had the website change over in between so perhaps it has created a communications issues.

I would like to hear from him, otherwise his passenger base will go to next in line!

Thanks for your help! Ray
Old 12-16-2015, 09:41 AM   #13

Many thanks Ray

Ray, thank you for putting this buy together!

Received my bases on Monday and both have been installed. These are awesome and couldn't agree more with the feeling of the roomy feel that it has created. I have some info and a question.

First on the Drivers side base, under the seat there is a controller that has a plastic cover that I had to remove in order for the base to sit down completely to the floor. If I hadn't removed the cover the base would just rock back and forth on the top of it. Removed it and gained just enough room to put the base down. I plan on carpeting at some point here shortly and will probably do something to space the seat up a little and put the cover back on. And for the passenger side, has anyone been creative with this space? I think I've seen somewhere pics of a carpeted tray for storage. I've lost my spot to mount my flashlight and makeshift storage under the old base.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1737.jpg  

2006 E350 EB, V-10, 6 inch UJoint Offroad 4X4 Conversion, Fiberine Super Camper Top
smugdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015, 09:50 AM   #14

Hey Doug, glad it all worked out!

Not sure about the plastic cover issue as I do not have that and have not heard of anyone having that issue, or, at least, posting about it. Thanks for bringing that up, though, it will hopefully help others.

Re: creative solutions - check boywonder's build threads, he just did a very cool storage tray around his bases. Should be under "Popping My Top" thread!

Ray
Old 12-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #15

Thanks Ray, Just about exactly what I was talking about. It's nice when you can see someone else try it first.

2006 E350 EB, V-10, 6 inch UJoint Offroad 4X4 Conversion, Fiberine Super Camper Top
smugdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:26 AM   #16

Got mine installed today. Think I am going to bed very happy with the extra room and seat while camping.

Ran into two issues. First, when the seat locks forward it is several degrees off aiming inboard. Is this normal or did I misalign something?

**Second, my air bag light flashes now. I had to struggle a little to get the connector apart but it seemed to go back together fine. Did I mess something up there?** Found that I had pulled the connector apart by turning the seat the wrong way and hyper extending the plug. FIXED

Overall very happy, took about one hour to install.

Thanks again Ray!

Joe
RememberTheFallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:18 AM   #17

Just found the previous and this second thread 20m ago!

I'd like a passenger and driver side if there are any available. If not, I'll subscribe to this thread for the next round.

Thanks,
Tim
youngblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 11:10 AM   #18

Hi Tim, I am thinking one more round at end of January or mid February. This time there will be about a five week lead time as The last buy cleaned out all their built stock and they are only building the E Series order. The minimum order is 10 units, any combo of Passenger and Driver.

Pricing in the new year is not known but should be the same as before or very close.

Right now with your two and a couple of others, the list is at four.

Happy New Year to everyone, be safe and have fun!

Ray
Old 12-31-2015, 01:34 PM   #19

Excellent. Thread subscribed!
Old 12-31-2015, 04:00 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Hi Tim, I am thinking one more round at end of January or mid February. This time there will be about a five week lead time as The last buy cleaned out all their built stock and they are only building the E Series order. The minimum order is 10 units, any combo of Passenger and Driver.

Pricing in the new year is not known but should be the same as before or very close.

Right now with your two and a couple of others, the list is at four.

Happy New Year to everyone, be safe and have fun!

Ray
Put me down for a drivers side. I just put the passenger side in last week and love it.
rexracer530 is offline   Reply With Quote