Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #51

Install is about a lazy hour and one to two beers depending on hot it is. Can be done in less than 30 mins with a few under your belt (Installs that is!!)

Remove stock seat from the stock base (leave slides attached to the seat), and remove the base from the floor making sure to disconnect the seat sensor wires.
Decide what you want to do with the stock formed carpet, if that is what you have. I usually cut out the formed carpet just inside the foot print of the swivel floor plate and I use pieces of this cut out carpet to fill the spots which are not covered by the swivel floor plate. Carefully using a bit of hot glue with the carpet pieces can make it look nearly seamless. This approach allows the floor plate to sit flatly on the floor insulation. Secure the floor plate using the original screws and nuts.

Next is what to do with the sensor wires - I have always disassembled the pins/connectors after marking and taking a picture of the original config. I then thread the wires through the hole in the upper plate and reassemble the connector such that the wires run up and above the back end of the floor plate and on the inboard side of the swivel drum. (I have never cut and spliced the wires, perhaps someone else can chime in).

Place the seat on the top plate of the swivel, attach the seat (with slides) to the the swivel top plate using the original nuts. Reconnect the sensor wire. Make sure to protect the sensor wire where it threads through the hole in the the top plate.

Seats swivel towards the engine cover. Tilt the back all the way up, slide the seat forward a bit, release the swivel base with the lever and swivel in. There is a spot with seat slid forward that allows the seat to swivel 180 degrees. Once 180, slide the seat back and reclined the seat back. Time for the third beer!!!

Post here how it goes and if any questions. With just a little practice, the seat can be swiveled in less 10 seconds to transform the feel of your interior space! Thanks!! Ray

Old 08-18-2016, 09:34 PM   #52

Thanks for the detailed explanation. Is there an easy way to tell which one is for passenger/driver?
bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:01 PM   #53

The driver seat base has the raised box on the base. This to provide clearance for an electronics box that lives under the driver seat on some models / years. The floor plate mounting hole patterns are different between the sides so it will be readily apparent.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:19 PM   #54

Thanks for setting this up for us. Received it today and installed it. Thank you again.
Craigk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 03:34 PM   #55

Received and installed. Works like a champ!! Thanks again!!!

Sent via tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 09:39 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsing View Post
I got mine today!

\Paul A
I had few minor problems installing the rotating base. Very minor.

I did need to remover the carpeting and associated padding underneath the new base in my 2014 E-350, other wise the bolts were not long enough to engage the existing threads. No big deal, just needed a sharp box knife to complete the job.

I extended the wiring for the plug so it would be long enough to tolerate the 180-degree rotation. I just cut it and added about 12" of wiring, works fine!

The wife is thrilled that she can now rotate her seat when camped.

\Paul A
palsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:26 AM   #57

Got mine last week and just logged on to find your detailed installation post. You are the man! Thanks again.
Hotchkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:33 PM   #58

Any more left?
Gh0ztkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:59 AM   #59

First!! Thank you to all who participated and ordered. Some of you exhibited great patience as the rest of the group caught up. Also, a big thank you for the posts of appreciation and pics, it helps me want to keep doing these group buys and projects.

Re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0ztkid21 View Post
Any more left?
Sorry, none left from this buy. Probably looking at another GB in 3 months or so.

I need to get a minimum eight ordered before I place an order.

FYI to All - these bases are built to order, there is no "in stock at the manufacturer that I can easily request adding bases to the order. Everyone: Sportsmobile, Winnebago, etc. are all in the same situation with the end of the Econoline production.

If you want in on the next buy, please post on this thread. I will start a GB#5 thread and transfer info to the new thread when we have enough stated interest Thanks!
Ray!!

PS. Post some pics and usage of your installs!!
Old 08-24-2016, 06:37 AM   #60

Well I finally bought a van, got it yesterday and would very much like to get in on your next group buy- zip is 26003.
Thanks for the great service you are providing!! Awesome group on this forum.
* I would need 1 passenger seat base
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote