Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2016, 09:33 PM   #31

I would buy a new SMB clone top from you to replace mine. Mine still has some life left even though it's got issues but I'd be tempted to replace it sooner if there was another option other than the SMB $$$ way. If your looking for improvement ideas, my only request would be that it's smooth on the out side.

-Eric

ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:00 PM   #32
MSD

Garage
That will be the goal for sure, I'll be keeping my eyes pealed for a used top at a reasonable price so we can make a mold. So at some point hoping this can be a reality, hopefully sooner than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
I would buy a new SMB clone top from you to replace mine. Mine still has some life left even though it's got issues but I'd be tempted to replace it sooner if there was another option other than the SMB $$$ way. If your looking for improvement ideas, my only request would be that it's smooth on the out side.

-Eric
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:10 PM   #33
MSD

Garage
Well we've got a few tops in the shop, unfortunately they were delivered upside down on the skids and every top had damage

I've been working on two of them to get them back to normal, wet sanding an buffing gel coat isn't fun but I'll have two finished and ready to mount up after I get back from my vacation which starts next week.

I spent a little time mocking up templates to build a rack for the top that will go on my van. So things are moving a long but slowly. We are going to need to figure out a different shipping option since I do not want to be dealing with un happy customers that have had a top delivered with zero care during shipping.

The shipper was roadrunner by the way and we are working on the claim as I write this… Have a great weekend.

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
eb 24 top .jpg  
Old 08-21-2016, 05:57 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Well we've got a few tops in the shop, unfortunately they were delivered upside down on the skids and every top had damage

I've been working on two of them to get them back to normal, wet sanding an buffing gel coat isn't fun but I'll have two finished and ready to mount up after I get back from my vacation which starts next week.

I spent a little time mocking up templates to build a rack for the top that will go on my van. So things are moving a long but slowly. We are going to need to figure out a different shipping option since I do not want to be dealing with un happy customers that have had a top delivered with zero care during shipping.

The shipper was roadrunner by the way and we are working on the claim as I write this… Have a great weekend.

Cheers

I'm a bit confused by the delivery damage. Did you hire a shipping company to pack your product and ship or did they just pickup and deliver? If Roadrunner just picked it up and delivered it the blame is in whoever packaged it.
New World Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:24 AM   #35
MSD

Garage
No it was packed by my business partner, and it was professionally packed by him... both of us have businesses that ship world wide and I've never had a shipper claim that since I packed it, it's my fault when they damaged it. If you don't follow the instructions for shipping (this end up, handle with care, no fork lift etc.) and you damage it if falls on the shipper, in this case Roadrunner not us. They flipped the skid upside down and completely broke the front of the skid off of the pallet (it was secured with 3" wood screws) when delivered to my business the driver even admitted to the damage and that this shouldn't happen, this was a simply case of negligence on the shipper and it's contractors not the packer. I'm 100% confident they pay the claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Man View Post
I'm a bit confused by the delivery damage. Did you hire a shipping company to pack your product and ship or did they just pickup and deliver? If Roadrunner just picked it up and delivered it the blame is in whoever packaged it.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:08 PM   #36

On the topic of mold discussed in posts 21-25, the third pic in this link shows exactly why I want a hard top. YMMV of course, but for me that little bit would be a killer...

SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:02 PM   #37

Garage
I too would like to get a penthouse replacement top, my new to me top is also 22 years old and bowing a little in the front where it latches down.... Hopefully an original SMB top comes in play sooner than later, its functional but would be nice to replace.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:08 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post

Cheers

I see a lot of REDBULL
polishadam82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:48 PM   #39

What is the latest on this?
Any tops available? What styles?
Brian94ht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:26 PM   #40
MSD

Garage
We are in the process of making tops. I have one important detail to nail down and I will be posting a pre order for those that are interested. All details to come in a couple weeks, plus a website and such.