Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #81
GAR

Who has the best price for a fixed top installed on a Chevy Express swb?

Gar

GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 02:03 PM   #82
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAR View Post
Who has the best price for a fixed top installed on a Chevy Express swb?

Gar

Won't be best price but fiberine makes a top for the express. Out side of that not a lot of demand. Maybe check with FGME - fiberglass moldings & engineering in Thomasville NC 336-475-5956 Wish I could be more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:45 PM   #83
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Won't be best price but fiberine makes a top for the express. Out side of that not a lot of demand. Maybe check with FGME - fiberglass moldings & engineering in Thomasville NC 336-475-5956 Wish I could be more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool, thank you!

Gar
Old 06-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #84
MSD

Garage
Update on the Fixed tops. Starting July 1st all orders will be taken thru Opt Overland. Please contact Dai via the website, forum or email. Dai email is Dai@optoverland.com.

I decided to use a distributor to be able to focus on more business ventures, plus hopefully get more tops to those who want/need them. We’ve worked on a few other options for those wanting fixed or pop-tops with multiple top heights, more on that on a later date. Here’s a thread with what’s been happening at Opt and the pop-top. http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...tml#post204513

If you’d like to get a Fixed top going before July 1st please send me a PM and I will do what I can to expedite an order. Prices for DIY fixed top are as follows - 24" EB $1850.00 & SB $1650.00 plus shipping...

Please send me a PM if your interested, After July 1st please contact Opt.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #85

Gar, I too am looking for a high top on a Express G-3500. Please let me know what and where you end up.

Layne
Mischievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:25 PM   #86
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischievous View Post
Gar, I too am looking for a high top on a Express G-3500. Please let me know what and where you end up.

Layne
Will do bother.

Gar
Old 08-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #87

Very timely thread as I've been looking for a top solution for an EB build I'm starting. it's great to have another option for tops. 24" seems to be the right size for me.

Mark, do you still happen to source these from RI? I happen to live north of Boston and RI is a relatively easy drive for me to check these out in person.

Thanks,

Greg
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #88
MSD

Garage
Hi Greg,

We do not, the molds got shipped to NS for repair and that's where we currently have them made. If you wanted to buy one and drive up to Nova Scotia and take the fairy. I'm sure my production guy Barry wouldn't have any issues.

Since this is a large production facility that does more than van tops, they don't have tops on had to view, they are made to order. They also don't do facility tours since it's all about production for multiple businesses. But they are top shelf and just as nice if not nicer than others on the market.

If you do want to buy one and drive up, you'd still have to deal with all the paper work of bring it across the boarder. Plus have it either strapped to the top of the van or on a trailer.

Or I could just drop ship it. Would just need a zip code to get a shipping quote which would be good for 20 days. Just send me a PM.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 08-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #89

Mark, thanks for the speedy reply. I'm waiting for my van to come back form 4x4 conversion. I'll reach out after when I'm ready to move to the top.

Thanks
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:15 PM   #90
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Mark, thanks for the speedy reply. I'm waiting for my van to come back form 4x4 conversion. I'll reach out after when I'm ready to move to the top.

Thanks
Smoker...You will love the drive, ferry and Newfie peeps! What an adventure! Make a ferry reservation in advance! If you show up the day of, chances are you'll have to wait till the next day (at least)!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote