Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2021, 12:37 PM   #1

1991 Ford E350 XL Quigley 4x4

Holy cow what a weekend I had. FINALLY made this happen. Found this van up in Montana. Worked out a deal, now I've got it home. Long drive yesterday, but it did GREAT! Even in the 110deg desert, heavy traffic, etc. Granted, the bag of ice I had sitting on my lap kept ME alive, but the van had no issues. Some small projects to knock out, front fuel tank needs dropped and cleaned. Interior needs some cleaning. But it's all there, and works! Loved the cruise control on the 15!

Now, like every vehicle I've ever had, need to upgrade the intake and exhaust!

Ordering some small parts (interior door handles, lock knob, etc. from Autozone. Where are you favorite places to get anything for these beasts?

Cheers!

Adamo
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2021-08-16 at 11.35.18.jpg  

RacerAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 12:52 PM   #2

Congrats! Looks great. My favorite place to get small parts is the local pick-n-pull junkyard. The great thing about the vans is how common they are in junkyards.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 01:00 PM   #3

Garage
Cool. Congrats.
Old 08-16-2021, 04:37 PM   #4

yeah I hope there are more 3rd Gens available than later models, we'll see!
Old 08-22-2021, 10:10 AM   #5

Garage
Unfortunately there are not many companies that make aftermarket parts for the year van you have. No bumpers or fiberline top for example.
VOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 10:37 AM   #6

Nice brick front!

Sweet van, looks super clean. More pictures please. What engine? What’s going on in the inside?

Sadly there is no aftermarket support for the brick front, so everything will need to be custom. The good news is most replacement parts are cheap and easy to replace.
TimelessAutoWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 05:53 PM   #7

Dude! That's bad ass!! Windows too plus 4x4...lol She's rare now!!! And ... Something all new vans just don't have...style and coolness in spades.

I just picked up a 82 2WD extended..... Car is 99% original..
With straight 6 300 cubic inch...
She starts right up.... and purrs like a kitten. ONE OWNER.. BUT...1 OWNER IN NEWPORT BEACH... SO SHE'S A RUST BUCKET BUT SHE WAS FREE...

Good thing is PARTS ARE SOoooo CHEAP!!!

I have an 03 7.3 diesel E350 EXT and the WATER PUMP and related components we're close to $700.

The water pump for the 82...$45.00 bucks!!

You can have any bumper or any rear bumper built for You by ANY off-road fabricator don't worry about being able to buy stuff...I AM SO ANTI ALUMINESS/ YETI / METHOD AND ALL THIS OTHER TRENDY BIG DOLLAR "LOOK AT ME" STUFF....
Your rig is Way cooler! Even as is!

If your after a hightop...keep your eyes peeled at LKQ wrecking yards et cetera... one ( WILL ) pop up...

Keep it..real...keep it old school..

ALSO.... The guy above who mentioned the junk yards and pick a parts is not kidding they are flooded with these generation Vans right now I got :
1.) Swivel captains chairs + brackets for $50 bucks.
2.) Pop out R windows for $40.00
3.) Rear door mounted tire racks $15.00
4.) Fender $20.00 bucks
5.) Bolt old-school PreRunner Lightbar $25.00

AGAIN AWESOME VAN!!!��
This old va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 11:47 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLT View Post
Unfortunately there are not many companies that make aftermarket parts for the year van you have. No bumpers or fiberline top for example.
yeah huge difference in aftermarket support between my van and my jeep lol... sadly
Old 08-23-2021, 11:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimelessAutoWorks View Post
Sweet van, looks super clean. More pictures please. What engine? What’s going on in the inside?

Sadly there is no aftermarket support for the brick front, so everything will need to be custom. The good news is most replacement parts are cheap and easy to replace.
Thanks man! Yeah I'll get some more up as I go for sure. It's the 5.8. Inside is all blue, 4 bench seats in the back. I've now stripped it all out, all metal and two front seats. Looking to swap them out, some custom quick release brackets so I can reverse the seats to face rearward, (love swivels but figured, less added height, and the quick release seat can lock in forward OR backward (thats my idea at least). It's not as easy as [ lever, swivel, done ] but it's close.

I'll be plastidipping the whole van OD Green (need it to look cool for my small business, sayagainover.com )

It'll have stencils with info. Think, old Army vehicle. Some nice ceramic tint to keep heat down. Bedlined floor.

I DO Have some rust spots inside, near the seat bolt holes, but not bad. Has me thinking I want to pull the body off and sand blast it, then coat the frame and body! This van will look mean!
Old 08-23-2021, 12:07 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by This old va View Post
Dude! That's bad ass!! Windows too plus 4x4...lol She's rare now!!! And ... Something all new vans just don't have...style and coolness in spades.

I just picked up a 82 2WD extended..... Car is 99% original..
With straight 6 300 cubic inch...
She starts right up.... and purrs like a kitten. ONE OWNER.. BUT...1 OWNER IN NEWPORT BEACH... SO SHE'S A RUST BUCKET BUT SHE WAS FREE...

Good thing is PARTS ARE SOoooo CHEAP!!!

I have an 03 7.3 diesel E350 EXT and the WATER PUMP and related components we're close to $700.

The water pump for the 82...$45.00 bucks!!

You can have any bumper or any rear bumper built for You by ANY off-road fabricator don't worry about being able to buy stuff...I AM SO ANTI ALUMINESS/ YETI / METHOD AND ALL THIS OTHER TRENDY BIG DOLLAR "LOOK AT ME" STUFF....
Your rig is Way cooler! Even as is!

If your after a hightop...keep your eyes peeled at LKQ wrecking yards et cetera... one ( WILL ) pop up...

Keep it..real...keep it old school..

ALSO.... The guy above who mentioned the junk yards and pick a parts is not kidding they are flooded with these generation Vans right now I got :
1.) Swivel captains chairs + brackets for $50 bucks.
2.) Pop out R windows for $40.00
3.) Rear door mounted tire racks $15.00
4.) Fender $20.00 bucks
5.) Bolt old-school PreRunner Lightbar $25.00

AGAIN AWESOME VAN!!!��
Much appreciated! Yeah, I LOVE this thing. The 80s boxy body... plus the little Quigley name plates that include some slick gear underneath.

Youre in OC? Lets do a van meet up! I'm in, lol. Two slick rigs and counting.

Couldn't agree more about the custom bumpers and "Look at me stuff" lol... I love premium made gear from people BUT I LOVE this van as it is already. Dont need much more. I'll tinker for sure, it's what I do lol... Dude, I've gotta hit up a pick a part spot with you! Always loved walking around those places, giving me all kinds of new ideas and builds excitement for more.

I'm torn on the high top, Love the lower roof for drive-thrus and my favorite touch free car wash, lol... (I touch the bar at the entrance, but it gets in and no issues! Only a half inch to spare lol...

BUT I would be nice for a little more headroom. I don't know yet... maybe a pop top would be a happy medium for me, but we'll see... not super high on the to do list.