Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 09:26 AM   #11

So I brought the van back to Texas. Noticed a diesel leak so fixing that. Bought oring kit and took out turbo and fuel bowl. Replaced all orings and ready to reinstall and put all fuel line sleeves back on and get her running . I took it to a shop and they quoted 2000$ for rear brakes . Even though I only really needed driver side caliper and rotor and both sides pads.
They want me to get a crank shaft sensor... cam shaft? Saying that'll keep my car from ideling and dying out. Told them never had that problem.
Then about the leak . So about 800$ for breaks and sensor and 1200$ to fix drain valve leak . And passenger fuel line.
I've about got it done just need to remove fuel line and inspect it for wear near the bracket that's holds it maybe clean it off look for rust...
I'm not sure if they meant it was leaking near fitting to head near back of motor or fitting to fuel bowl or line itself.
Also new . Stp air filters . 20$ Duralast fuel filter 30$

AmboRambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #12

Next time you have a fuel (or any other type of oil based product) add some of this stuff. The leak will scream out it's location under black light. No more guessing.

https://www.amazon.com/Tracer-Produc.../dp/B000JFHNTM
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 11:43 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Next time you have a fuel (or any other type of oil based product) add some of this stuff. The leak will scream out it's location under black light. No more guessing.

https://www.amazon.com/Tracer-Produc.../dp/B000JFHNTM
I'll give it a shot.... so I have the turbo off. Put a little tape wadd inside the 2 holes on the top of the turbo pedestal. One hole had an oring . The other was just a metal hole. The turbo has holes on the bottom and they line up once turbo is installed..
if a tap wadd fell into the hole that didn't have an oring what would happen. Or if I lost that oring for the second hole how to get a new one? Online , autozone?
Old 01-20-2018, 05:42 PM   #14

Many diesel performance parts places sell the o-rings. I think you can find them on Amazon too
bet on black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #15

Petty much any autoparts store should have O rings, A bigger problem is a lost tape wad. I'd try to find it before I did anything else. I have a very small bore scope that works great for looking down holes or other places you can't see, cuz that tape could create bigger problems than what you already have.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #16

I had to go to ford for the turbo pedestal orings I needed. 6$ a peice. Also got a passenger side fuel line for 80$. Installed all new orings on the fuel bowl. Was getting all the lines back one and connected . Broke the threads off my fuel pressure regulator into 5/16 line. Had to take off mounting brakes and belt and undo brakes that holds two lines together coming off near the bowl by the fpr. Waiting on new fuel pressure regulator . Have to snake out line to get the aluminum fpr threads out of the nut and reinstall everything to get it going....
Old 02-07-2018, 01:47 PM   #17

Need some help. No start. Cranks but won't catch . Got 6 codes from edge programmer . All ebp related. One is aih... have no idea why it won't start
Old 02-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #18

Check fuse 22 or 21 cant remember which one
if it blows as soon as you put new one in then disconnect the AIH on fuel bowl

If you removed the butterfly nd did not plug the connector back in the EBPV then you will get those codes
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 04:52 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogasm View Post
On mine I found that if the side door is opened with the key in the ignition power still goes through a timer even after the door is closed....draining power

To fix this I disconnected the wires on both the side and rear cargo doors......took 4 hours with a 26 page wiring diagram to figure it out
Still have a that diagram?
Old 02-07-2018, 04:54 PM   #20

Haven't removed butterfly yet, removed ebps heard it could start without it and then you would know to replace that sensor. Also thinking of cleaning that tube connected to ebps. Wondering if since vechile is from California there's also some kind of extra emissions ebp agenda taking place making these codes go off ... I'll try to find a fuse diagram ?

Tags
2001, 7.3l diesel, battery, ford e350