Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirehead View Post
Just wondering if I'm missing something here. Is this just a problem with his Astro Van tops? (don't get me wrong, the photos in your album are horrible)

It seems like a fair amount of the people here have Colorado Camper Van tops on their Fords and the general responses I've read have been fairly positive. I'm getting ready to drop a fairly significant amount of money on a CCV top and I the kind of workmanship I see in those Astro Van pictures sure isn't worth the price.
Good question Wirehead. I was under the impression most Ford van tops from CCV have been positively received. Any owners out there have input?

SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:39 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wirehead View Post
Just wondering if I'm missing something here. Is this just a problem with his Astro Van tops? (don't get me wrong, the photos in your album are horrible)

It seems like a fair amount of the people here have Colorado Camper Van tops on their Fords and the general responses I've read have been fairly positive. I'm getting ready to drop a fairly significant amount of money on a CCV top and I the kind of workmanship I see in those Astro Van pictures sure isn't worth the price.
I am also having problems with the scissor action, poor install etc... that I don't see being van discriminate.

I can't speak for others, but I have had people reach out to me with other vans with problems, one person even has a blog. There is also another thread in EP about numerous problems with them.

Search for this thread title...

Anybody heard from Colorado Camper Vans?

This may help your decision process.
tequilasunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilasunset View Post
Got a link for Boywonder's work?
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...top-10808.html
Old 07-13-2016, 09:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelheadJones View Post
Thanks much... I am always wanting to learn from others
Old 07-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #25

My pleasure. I feel like there's more to learn here than a person could apply to 20 vans.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:06 PM   #26

I had Derek install a top for me last summer. The job could have been done more quickly and everything wasn't perfect the first time, but he fixed the minor issues and I think he genuinely cared about getting things right. That's all I can really ask for.
JeffT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
I had Derek install a top for me last summer. The job could have been done more quickly and everything wasn't perfect the first time, but he fixed the minor issues and I think he genuinely cared about getting things right. That's all I can really ask for.
Happy for ya... but if you read his responses to me in the thread over on EP, you will some of his truer colors be exposed... and kinda funny Derek had to FIX the work he did on your van too... seems to be a common theme.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tequilasunset View Post
I am also having problems with the scissor action, poor install etc... that I don't see being van discriminate.

I can't speak for others, but I have had people reach out to me with other vans with problems, one person even has a blog. There is also another thread in EP about numerous problems with them.

Search for this thread title...

Anybody heard from Colorado Camper Vans?

This may help your decision process.
If you get down to So Cal I would highly recommend the guy who fixed all my CCV issues, well all the ones I didn't fix myself. He has also repaired a friends CCV top lift mechanism as well. Other members have also used him for other fabrication and full interior builds.

Sorry you are having all the issues. It is all someone else's complaining until it happens to you, then things get real.

Eric

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 10:20 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRIDER View Post
If you get down to So Cal I would highly recommend the guy who fixed all my CCV issues, well all the ones I didn't fix myself. He has also repaired a friends CCV top lift mechanism as well. Other members have also used him for other fabrication and full interior builds.

Sorry you are having all the issues. It's always someone else complaining until it happens to you, then things get real.

Eric
That last line... you just won the interwebz

Thanks for all your responses, much appreciated!
Old 07-13-2016, 11:15 PM   #30
MSD

Garage
Tequilasunset welcome to the forum great bunch for sure… Sorry to hear about all the CCV issues. My business is about 6 miles from Derek, I have gone back and forth with either CCV or Tufport. I have heard of issues with him/CCV but only rumor mill, not actual photo's and emails. That being said I will take a trip up to Canada and get a Tufport. I was entertaining the thought anyhow but now my mind is made up. Wishing you all the best in getting this all taken care of...
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote