Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #1

Garage
does anyone else live in NC or close to?

Hi everyone, I have a 2012 quigley 4x4 E250 v8 and was thinking about making the drive and having a pop top put on before they are all gone. it's a lot of money to dish out for something I have never seen so I thought.... I wonder if any one here is close to Greensboro NC with a pop top so I can take a good look at it and see if I want to take the plunge $$. in all of our 5 years camping from SC to Maine I have only see 2 sportsmobiles and neither one had a pop top. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Van.jpg  

4x4Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:48 PM   #2
tlg

Garage
You'll see pop tops here. Not too far of a drive for ya.

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...lly-18671.html
tlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:37 PM   #3

If your coming north again soon I would certainly welcome a meet up to show you my pop top. Im located northeast of Philly just off I-95.

I consider myself a half-assed perfectionist
Stillvanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 06:56 AM   #4

I would call Chris at Ujoint. He has SMB pop tops in the shop pretty often. Actually, you'll do best PMing him here or even better on Expedition Portal.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #5

Garage
I expect to be heading to Dahlonega GA area about Apr 17 for a few days from KY. After that I'll head north, but will remain in the mountains. Heading to the East Coast Meet up end of Apr in SW VA. Don't know your time schedule, but if you want to try to meet let me know.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #6

Garage
I run down to Raleigh NC about once a month (from Annapolis MD), and have a 2006 Ford with a Pop top. If interested, next time I'm heading down there I can give you a heads up to see if it fits in your schedule.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:30 PM   #7

Baltimore, MD and pass through that way visiting my daughter in Evans, GA. Just got back last weekend so next trip is in April.
CarlParr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #8

Super nice looking rig. I'm close by but if I see yours it's over for me.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #9

I'm in Columbia, SC. Bringing my van down at the end of March if you can wait that long. I plan to be at the east coast meeetup that tlg mentioned.
2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:07 AM   #10

Garage
Many Thanks everyone, I will get in touch with you individually if needed - I am going to go meetup with any one at the east coast meetup on Saturday at lunch - not going to stay in the parking lot but camp at the sherando lake park so I can get some hiking in. I'm not quite sold on the pop top after reading all the post about them; I never realized they didn't put the hardware in the top before they fiber glassed them so that you have steel caps and bolts sticking through the top, this to me is just lazy fabrication and would most likely drive me nuts. My rack today holds my 2 - 16 foot kayaks, awning and everything is very stout, I get up there and walk around with no issues. Putting in the pop top I would have to rebuild everything and I'm not sure it would hold up to what I will put it though in the long haul. It would be nice to stand up in the van at times and get more air in - at the same time I remember a few years back this was one step of from my tent days that I still have and use in the back country.
4x4Ken is offline   Reply With Quote