Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2021, 07:59 PM   #1

Excited to join from Wyoming

I’ve been intrigued the last year or two about 4wd vans and wouldn’t you know, the opportunity presented itself. Made the move on a 03 E350 7.3 EB about a month ago.
Found this forum and then realized you guys are going to cost me some $$$, so I figured I better join the forum so I had someone to blame. For my better half that is. Lol.

Previous owner ordered the van new and had drop shipped to Quigley. Left it completely stock. Even had the original window sticker and Quigley docs. Pretty cool! It was kept stored inside for the last 18 years. Used to pull small pull horse trailer and do the occasional hunt.

Got some great ideas from this site. Already have the new bumper installed, some wheels and tires, and rhino lined the rockers after having the front fenders trimmed and shaped. Really appreciate all the great info folks here provide. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
C1974179-B837-46D0-BE07-1C27424C010C.jpeg   A6D6C1A6-6E82-4DA5-B353-82F83BF3F4D0.jpeg   C4E827B7-8F85-467D-9501-208B9B7BB5A7.jpeg  

WYOBLUEVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:49 PM   #2
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Excited to have you on here too! Welcome to the BEST thing since the SMB/4x4 van itself, this Forum...And as I understand, the 7.3 EB 4x4 is the SH$T on here (as the kids say, meaning it IS the engine/van to have if you ever were going to have one)...you will get the BEST advice from the most intelligent folks around...yes, I am SURE your wallet will get lighter, quickly...funny but true lol

Ps Really GREAT looking Rig too!

Pst I'm getting my two cents in first too...Penthouse top! I don't know if SMB still does them on the E series (my first choice) BUT ColoradoCamper is really quite cool too...fixed top=wind, rocking/rollover, height restrictions out yonder in the backwoods...
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:35 PM   #3

Garage
Welcome - Nice find!
First you'll need Vantage Optics head lights, Bushwacker fender flairs, Big brake kit, Pop Top/Hard top, Aluminess rear bumper with both swingarms & bike rack, Aluminess ladder, Sheaman seats, winch, and of coarse Recovery gear - NOT referring to anything that will revive the marriage - strictly equipment that will get you out of a jam...OK, maybe it will come in handy with the Wife???
Old 04-23-2021, 10:30 PM   #4

Yep. Recovery gear. Maybe in the form of good legal representation. No, she’s great and already working on the rig! That’s a heck of a list though!! Will try to show the progress as we go.
Old 04-24-2021, 03:02 AM   #5
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
TWO, U R the best! Much better list...OK, how about a few more...Firestone Airbags on back axel with dual inflate/deflate switches for each side powered by the onboard air compressor, flip TV mounted to top, solar plug in w/monitor for portable panels, 20 gallon water tank, on demand hotter heater (there's a GREAT thread on this, homebuilt, wonderful option) LP tank for a furnace and on demand, AC is a luxury but that furnace you'll use again and again (little buddies give off that funky smell).....wait till the rest of the Forum wakes up to chime in...man, better start playing the lottery or upgrade to a VERY rich partner.
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 04:03 AM   #6

Garage
Congrats and welcome. Yep, the holy grail for some, very nice van. We will help you spend your money, but you are on your own for recovery and legal representation.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by marret View Post
Congrats and welcome. Yep, the holy grail for some, very nice van. We will help you spend your money, but you are on your own for recovery and legal representation.
Lol, Marret. I agree. I could go along with the recovery part. Some days I'm the hold my beer guy and other days the beer holder but always fun to be present when it isn't your vehicle being recovered.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 08:25 AM   #8

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Welcome - Nice find!
First you'll need Vantage Optics head lights, Bushwacker fender flairs, Big brake kit, Pop Top/Hard top, Aluminess rear bumper with both swingarms & bike rack, Aluminess ladder, Sheaman seats, winch, and of coarse Recovery gear - NOT referring to anything that will revive the marriage - strictly equipment that will get you out of a jam...OK, maybe it will come in handy with the Wife???
Good start! This will start to empty the coffers! Nice rig.
Old 04-24-2021, 08:41 AM   #9

That van looks like a great score, how many miles?
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 10:58 AM   #10

Lilnuts2. 145,000 miles. Previous owner had it built with interior upgrade pkg—carpeted floor, roof liner, and power group with cruise etc.