Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2021, 02:15 PM   #1

Hello

Hello to all from sunny Miami
I just join this forum, this is my second time joining any forums lol.
A little background about me; In July 2018, I was going through a lot of financial and personal problems, so I had to give up residential living and started to live in my very very small Chevy sonic. Soon after I learn how challenging that was, but hey one has to do whatever to get by, right? So little by little I learn to adapt to the different situations. Around December 2018 I started to think about getting a bigger car where I could sleep better, and while searching for cars I came across the idea of getting a van instead. But while I was brainstorming about the things that I needed, my ideas were getting too big for a regular mom's van. Around that time I got into a car accident, and I had to take my car to the shop. Suddenly, I was carless and homeless, then My boss offered to let me use one of the company's delivery vans; a few days after being in the van, bang a lightbulb went on in my head, and I started to make plans for something like that cargo van as a living place . I started to research different cargo vans and making plans and drawings about how would I wanted my van look like on the inside. I thought there were few people in my situation living in their vehicles. And while I was researching about my ideas, I came across a lot of web sites dedicated to van living. I never knew there were people, or much less a community of van dwellers. And that's how it all got started. It really has been a learning journey.
Miguelangelo

hmiguelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:52 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

Welcome, hope everything works out well for you. There are lots of Ford E series vans out there forsale. If youre in a real pinch you can find alot of them on the commercial truck trader websites and of course facebook marketplace.
BoxterRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:08 PM   #3

Garage
Welcome. Best of luck with everything.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:45 PM   #4

Garage
Sure sounds like you had a tough go of it. But, also sounds like you're a excited about your involvement with the Van life principle. I for one, look forward to the day we have no more work commitments, and can leisurely roam as it suits us.
Good group here; lot of knowledge, Ideas, and constructive/helpful advise.
Welcome.

Tags
#freedom, #newcomer, #vanlife