Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2016, 08:56 AM   #1

Hello all

...I'm stoked to explore more on the forum, here.

I recently purchased a 2009 Ford E-150, 4.6, ~100K, 2WD, mild lift, wheels/tires. Not sure where my van build will go from here. I told my wife we bought the thing for the family (wife, 2+1 on the way kids) to take trips.

To be honest, I mostly just thought it was awesome. I think it satisfies some deep seeded Hot Wheels fantasy of mine.

Two thumbs all the way up!

killacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 04:23 PM   #2
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Wait till you go places you only read/youtube about!! Your kids will have stories that are so much cooler than "We went to Disneyland/world" etc...seeing nature, living adventure, getting down to what's real, enjoying sights rather than things...AND you get to drive around something so capable and AWESOME...fishing, camping, being out in the middle of nowhere...you have done the best thing (other than love and support) for your kids! Congrats and welcome to a most exclusive club!! Can't wait to see your "Trip Report" pics!!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:52 PM   #3

Welcome to the club! You'll love it here.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:34 PM   #4

[QUOTE=killacks;177558 I think it satisfies some deep seeded Hot Wheels fantasy of mine. ![/QUOTE]

Yup, that kinda sums it up for me too. Welcome to the madness and get your wallet ready for a serious workout.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:43 PM   #5

Neglected to add pic until now... This is the van pretty much as it was when I penned my earlier introduction. There have been some changes since, the most significant of which was a visit to Weldtec for suspension upgrades. More details in another thread

Old 09-02-2016, 12:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Wait till you go places you only read/youtube about!! Your kids will have stories that are so much cooler than "We went to Disneyland/world" etc...seeing nature, living adventure, getting down to what's real, enjoying sights rather than things...AND you get to drive around something so capable and AWESOME...fishing, camping, being out in the middle of nowhere...you have done the best thing (other than love and support) for your kids! Congrats and welcome to a most exclusive club!! Can't wait to see your "Trip Report" pics!!

All that^^^

Welcome and nice van!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote