Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2020, 02:48 PM   #1

Hello from Bozeman

Just joined the site with the hopes I could get some help with a decision I’m pondering about the purchase of a used Ford E-250.. Been adventuring in a pick up with a pop up and hoping to move over to the van life to give it a go. Where would be the best place to ask some Quigley/SMB Pop Top and Ford E questions so I’m confident with my purchase and plans. Thanks folks

BOZEMANGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:08 PM   #2

This is a good place for that I think!
I may not be able to answer questions specifically related to an E250, Quigley, and a popup, but others probably can.
Marcel Huijser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 04:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZEMANGUY View Post
Where would be the best place to ask some Quigley/SMB Pop Top and Ford E questions so I’m confident with my purchase and plans. Thanks folks

As of last month I’ve owned my SMB van for 10 years and I still don’t feel confident with my purchase or my plans.

Welcome to the group.
-Eric
ShuttlePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 06:42 PM   #4

We sound like kindred souls. Ha ha.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:21 PM   #5

Well... for the next three months or so I'm "local" and have a Quigley E250 if you're looking for measurements, etc.
Old 02-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #6

Wonderful, and thank you. Yes I would like to have a look to see how I’ll do a build, the van is a shell right now other than the SMB top. I live in town by Cooper Park. Name is Brian
You have any idea why even though I’ve created an account I cannot post?
Old 02-05-2020, 08:54 PM   #7

We're not too far away from each other (Quarter mile?). I was over at the north end of the university. Used to live right there by Pickle Barrel but now I'm over on the west side of campus (Garfield & 19th). Probably not able to meet up this weekend as four week exams are rolling in (Plus the weatherman says we're due 12" of snow... If you believe them ) Happy to give you a cell number if you drop me a PM.

If you're trying to post pictures my guess is the forum probably has some restrictions in place until a certain number (5, 10?) posts, just to prevent people coming to the forum and spamming.

The other day I saw a "Beartooth Vanworks" Quigley Transit going through the middle of campus- turns out it's just over there in Belgrade about a quarter mile north of the airport. Didn't get to see the interior of the van, but it's that white one with stripes on their instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beartoothvanworks/

While not an Eseries... They may have some good ideas if you're looking for someone local.

Erik