Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2020, 04:11 PM   #1

Hello from Costa Rica

Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum. My wife and I live in Costa Rica but are moving back to California (we moved to Costa Rica from Santa Barbara in 2004) after we sell or home. We will be living in Grass Valley to be closer to our daughters.

We are currently researching 4x4 SMB's so once we sell our Costa Rica home we can pull the trigger, that is if one is available somewhere in the US that we like.

We love to camp, travel and hike and are looking forward to taking trips with our dog. Some surf trips will also be in the plans.
http://www.tranquilocostarica.com/pics/Rocket.jpg

The last two years we did some trips to Glacier National Park in Montana and loved it.

Pura Vida,
Kurt

Old 11-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #2

Welcome bud sorry to hear they finally kicked you out of Costa Rica haha,upon returning whatever you do don’t discuss politics as some people are much more fanatical now on both sides of isle and anything said could be considered an act of war! Unfortunately Mexican boarder is currently closed so you’ll have to squeeze in with the masses and scrap for your waves...good luck finding a new rig!
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:34 AM   #3

Garage
Welcome and wish you the best.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:17 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Welcome bud sorry to hear they finally kicked you out of Costa Rica haha,upon returning whatever you do don’t discuss politics as some people are much more fanatical now on both sides of isle and anything said could be considered an act of war! Unfortunately Mexican boarder is currently closed so you’ll have to squeeze in with the masses and scrap for your waves...good luck finding a new rig!
Definitely not looking forward to crowded surf.
Politics are a good thing. Without them we might not have any national parks!
Old 11-24-2020, 07:34 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
The Mexican border is not closed, nor has it ever been.
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:27 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raihnman View Post
...Politics are a good thing. Without them we might not have any national parks!

What a refreshing, glass-is-half-full, perspective.

Herb
Old 11-24-2020, 11:05 AM   #7
KDB

I sympathize for your move back to this state. Family is a strong pull, however, and im sure you'll be glad to be closer to your kids. Welcome back! Still plenty of uncrowded surf still be had in norcal at times.
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
I sympathize for your move back to this state. Family is a strong pull, however, and im sure you'll be glad to be closer to your kids. Welcome back! Still plenty of uncrowded surf still be had in norcal at times.
I'll probably be hitting Santa Cruz when we do get back. I grew up in San Diego and moved to Santa Barbara after college so I've surfed socal quite a bit but not norcal. I'm going to miss 80deg water temps.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:48 PM   #9
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
OMG......talk about timing!! Not going to tell you what to do, and I don’t know you, but since you posted your plans on an open forum.....maybe reconsider your move until this pandemic is at least under control and stay put!
We have some friends/neighbors I recently learned have temporarily moved to CR. There’s virtually no cases of COVID down there. My wife wants to join them, I’m not too far off.
While family is certainly important, keeping them and yourself safe and alive is more important, and CA and frankly the rest of the US, COVID cases are on the rise, dramatically!
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:30 PM   #10

Hey REF,

Real estate here moves pretty slow so we won't be moving anytime soon. But you have a good point about covid being out-of-control in the states versus here in Costa Rica. We're moving to Grass valley CA so when we do finally go it's a small town.

Where did your friends move to in Costa Rica?