Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2018, 06:26 PM   #1

Hello from Northern NM

Just wanted to say hello from NM. I recently acquired my dream vehicle, a 2004 E350 Quigley, and have linked into your forum from places like Expedition Portal previously. I had a wonderful conversation with one of your members, 1der, today regarding swivel seat bases.

He informed me that you all are a great bunch of folks, who will welcome members who do not actually have an SMB. I had discounted joining here, figuring you were SMB biased. I am a camper, and not a "liver", but I have an offroad trailer, a converted cargo trailer, a Chevy Avalanche, all tweaked for offroad and camping pursuits. Pretty handy with mods and solar, and the last few years of outfitting other vehicles and trailers have prepped me for my next great adventure....I hope.

Looking forward to a lot of hours reading posts and info on your various subforums.

Craig

Bear in NM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:19 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome from Southern NM, Craig.

Don't worry about whether your rig is full-on SMB, an SMB-wanna-be, or a stock van. We don't really care.

Rumor has it that one of the Admins here hasn't even owned a van for years.

Herb
Old 03-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear in NM View Post
I had a wonderful conversation with one of your members, 1der, today regarding swivel seat bases.
Sorry about Ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Rumor has it that one of the Admins here hasn't even owned a van for years.
Throw him out!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #4

Thanks.

I dunno, Ray seemed like a good guy. He even explained his sleeping arrangement that sealed the deal for me adding the driver side to my order. Hey wait a minute, I think he suckered me ;^).

Seriously, folks willing to help other folks, especially the traveling kinda folks, is pretty nice. Lots of folks on other boards will offer help and "things" to total strangers, knowing that the chances are remote they will ever be close. With this forum, chances are pretty good that some member is near or passing by. Especially when you live in a destination area, like me.

Guessing I need at least 5 posts before posting pictures, or asking that Admin be tossed out.......

Craig
Bear in NM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 12:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
Sorry about Ray!

Throw him out!

Damn Robb, you get up on the wrong side of the bed today? What would we do without Ray and Herb around here? I do agree though, someone needs to park another SMB next to that Bronco............
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote