Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 06:31 AM   #31

Fishy for sure.

I have family in a number of parts of Portugal. Ask seller where it is in Portugal and you can get someone to see it there before it is shipped. We just got back this week from nearly a month there. Too bad this did not pop up a couple of weeks ago!

Ray

Old 07-24-2016, 07:00 AM   #32

(Edited: Duplicate post)Fishy for sure.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:09 AM   #33

scammer.......who is going to ship a vehicle (giant van no less) from Portugal for you to inspect for 2 days?

For fun let's assume the van actually exists.....what happens if you inspect it and then don't buy it?

You could keep the conversation going to the point that they ask for some $$ just for sport, but you'll be wasting time.
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:14 PM   #34

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
Who would keep calling a van a car, truck maybe...?

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:24 PM   #35
Site Team

Even though they're offering to ship it to you at their cost, I bet as the deal progresses they would suddenly ask for a good-faith deposit or something like that.

Herb
Old 07-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Even though they're offering to ship it to you at their cost, I bet as the deal progresses they would suddenly ask for a good-faith deposit or something like that.

Herb

If Annie is game, we can have a little contest here to guess how the scam unfolds.......there are a handful of possibilities.....

Winner gets a free SMB forum sticker or something... ;-)
Old 07-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile View Post
Who would keep calling a van a car, truck maybe...?
Good catch I had not noticed that as I was busy getting out of town. Now I am in Maine and the long drive was worth it.... Even at THIRTY THREE POINT THREE miles per gallon ( In Carla, the four cyl accord coupe. tho I definitely could have used a nice van).

I have seen some gorgeous large sail boats which have BEASTLY LOUD deisel engines. Definitely killed the sunset tranquility and drowned out the snorting seals off shore.

Anyhow, noticed i have a window of cell service so wanted to post.

I awas considering keeping the alledged ex-pat seller of van/car online until I can report it to internet scams which I believe is by state, department of commerce.

His last email was highly entertaining:
The car looks great, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it!

Here are satisfied the terms of the transaction:

1) If you agree, I'm going to start the transaction, I'm going to pay shipping fees, and I will sign the purchase contract.
2) You will be notified by the transport company with the information about transport and I will send you a copy of the purchase agreement.
3) Within 19 days you'll get the car, including Title, Owner Manual, history of the car, bill of sale and keys.
4) After the inspection period ends, if you are satisfied, you'll confirm the payment to the transport company and they will send the payment to me.
After you get the car if you find any problems, you'll not buy it and the transport company will deliver the car back to me. I'm not here to waste my time and to spend money. I give you my word that the car has no problems and everything will be alright, if you agree to buy my car I will prove you this is a real deal and I am a honest person.

IF YOU AGREE PLEASE SEND ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN TALK ALL DETAILS OVER THE PHONE.

I'm waiting for your answer.

Thank you!
Vague info except that the Car IS PERFECT. Yawn.

About the v10 I mentioned last week - although I can't do much about it til next week I asked the salesmen to pull the wheel covers and identify the axil to which he answered "3.73 limited slip axle "

If true is that good, bad or indifferent?
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:09 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
"3.73 limited slip axle"
That's fine, as its the gear ratio. Good info, but not the key question... which is full float or semi float.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:12 PM   #39

3.73 typical stock gearing (may end up being a little tall with larger tires) limited slip is also a nice feature.......as RallyPanam mentioned......nothing to do with FF or SF...have the sales guy text a pic of the rear wheel with the wheel cover off......

The scammer is interesting.....still trying to figure out what the scam is....at some point they'll ask for money.......
Old 07-26-2016, 09:44 PM   #40

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA
This evening I learned that 6 Margaritas is 3 or 4 too many.

That is all I have to say about that!

Tell the seller to send the van to your purchasing agent at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote