Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-28-2023, 09:21 AM   #1

Looking for SMB to tour (WA)

Hi there,
I think it's time to move on from my truck with RTT. The wife would like a few more amenities and I still want a capable 4x4 platform. I think a SMB could be a good setup for us (2 adults, 1 dog only).

Only thing is, she's never been inside one /checked one out.
I'm likely not going to be buying local so I'd probably be flying out to buy without her seeing it.

Anyone in the Puget sound region with a 2000+ converted 4x4 ideally with the pop top) willing to show there's off, maybe If I came to visit with a 6-pack? For a quick show and tell.

Trabs00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:46 PM   #2

I have a 2006 E350 EB50 over in Kitsap County.
SilverSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 08:54 AM   #3

Garage
And a 2007 E350 RB50 in Auburn
dar636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 09:16 AM   #4

Garage
Trabs00,

Checking one out in person is a smart move. Had a couple arrange to come see mine about a year ago. Color me somewhat shocked when they showed up in a Mercedes Revel. After a discussion and a tour, they decided to keep their larger and more comfortable set-up. Like you, I needed to travel (via plane) to San Jose from Idaho to purchase mine.

Moving from a RTT to a SMB will (or should) be a game changer. They offer so much more comfort and "livability" as compared to a tent without giving up the footprint of a decently maneuverable vehicle. The only possible downside I could see it you'll be transitioning to a full-time RV instead of the more versatile pickup based rig. If after looking at one in person you and/or your wife are still on the fence, I'd recommend renting a camper van for a short vacation and seeing how a Class-B works out for your situation.

Similarly as in your situation, ours is used for my wife, myself and our doggo. When it's just me and the pup we have lots of room. When my wife joins us we still fit well, just can't have two adults moving around at the same time easily.

Best of luck in your quest!
Old 05-26-2023, 10:03 AM   #5

OP had similar post on Expo. Per May 15 update vans are out of consideration. https://expeditionportal.com/forum/t...closed.238129/