Well it was the u-joint after all!!!! A lesson well $$paid for$$.
New u-joint pass side and all is like new.
Shit . Wish I had "diagnossed" this one right the first time and saved $1000 bucks.
Hard to believe it was u-joint the whole time.
BTW. I did order a tool online but somehow got the wrong one for my year. Went to Menards and for $15 bucks got a 2" flange , 6" pipe , and a cap, the seal went on like a glove. No Prob' . Sent the unused, wrong one back to Amazon for $80 refund. If I had been able to use it I would keep it as I only did the Pass' side, and would keep it for next time. But seriously the black pipe worked VERY well.
I will get an alignment this week as the U-joint messed that up.
I had the u-joint in a vise and with a 4 foot cheater bat on the axle my 210 lbs could NOT bounce enough to move that u-joint at all. HARD TO BELIEVE!!!
Thank you for the help and suggestions.