Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #81

It worked!

Very nice van. As someone who was also on board with you buying an older van...I think you made the right choice. That is super nice and you have a nice platform to build on. Congrats!

(Also, we are kind of twins)

lmpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:47 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmpetersen View Post
It worked!

Very nice van. As someone who was also on board with you buying an older van...I think you made the right choice. That is super nice and you have a nice platform to build on. Congrats!

(Also, we are kind of twins)
Yeah I think going with the 250/350 platform was the right choice for sure. We are both super excited for this build and have already been doing a lot of research. Now we are trying to figure out what kind of top to do! (If we go PopTop we will definitely be twins!)
CGgonzo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 05:20 PM   #83

Pop Top: Colorado Camper Van High Top (for the RB)
4x4 conversion: Agile TTB

Highly recommend both. Do your due diligence and at least see and experience both before your final decision.
Old 01-01-2020, 05:25 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Pop Top: Colorado Camper Van High Top (for the RB)
4x4 conversion: Agile TTB

Highly recommend both. Do your due diligence and at least see and experience both before your final decision.
Both those companies have came up in our research so far. Do you have the mid profile pop top or high profile? Is there a decent amount of room inside when its up versus down?
Old 01-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #85

Excellent on the research!

We have the Medium Height top on an EB rig. It works very well for the two of us, although I have to say I have been tempted to change out to a high top.

If we had an RB I would be all over the High Top provided the extra 6 inches of height would not create any clearance issues. The High top adds so much usable space that is so critical in an RB, imho. All the bedding can be easily stored up top along with some duffles. You can also store the two smaller bed panels/cushions atop the rear platform so the space behind the front seats is nearly six feet (High top) with the top down. The Medium top is about 5ft 4 which is still pretty nice.

The room inside is huge with the top up - 8 ft of height and plenty of height above the upper bed to sit up (Med or High top).

I got to spend some time in an EB CCV High Top, it is very, very roomy!
Old 01-02-2020, 02:26 AM   #86

Garage
Congratulations on the new van! Mine is a 2014 with the CCV midheight top and Agile 4WD. Our vans are nearly identical, so this is what yours would look like with the same top. As you can see, lots of room. Take a browse through my album for more photos, including measurements of the poptop interior.

Old 01-02-2020, 10:49 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Congratulations on the new van! Mine is a 2014 with the CCV midheight top and Agile 4WD. Our vans are nearly identical, so this is what yours would look like with the same top. As you can see, lots of room. Take a browse through my album for more photos, including measurements of the poptop interior.

That is exactly what we are going for I think. I will look at your gallery and see if I have any other questions for you if you don't mind.
Old 01-02-2020, 10:51 AM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Excellent on the research!

We have the Medium Height top on an EB rig. It works very well for the two of us, although I have to say I have been tempted to change out to a high top.

If we had an RB I would be all over the High Top provided the extra 6 inches of height would not create any clearance issues. The High top adds so much usable space that is so critical in an RB, imho. All the bedding can be easily stored up top along with some duffles. You can also store the two smaller bed panels/cushions atop the rear platform so the space behind the front seats is nearly six feet (High top) with the top down. The Medium top is about 5ft 4 which is still pretty nice.

The room inside is huge with the top up - 8 ft of height and plenty of height above the upper bed to sit up (Med or High top).

I got to spend some time in an EB CCV High Top, it is very, very roomy!
Thank you for all this information I really appreciate it!
Old 01-02-2020, 11:20 AM   #89

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGgonzo12 View Post
That is exactly what we are going for I think. I will look at your gallery and see if I have any other questions for you if you don't mind.
You bet. Fitting things out how you want them is a big part of the fun. I was in a hurry in the beginning to have everything finished but have since realized how much I enjoy the planning and doing one piece at a time. So does my wallet. I spent the last few days in the driveway with the top up and an electric heater plugged in, headlamp on in the dark, installing some blackout shades I made. I’m pretty sure my neighbors think I’m nuts but, hey, who’s having fun here?

Enjoy your journeys! You have a good place to start from.

P.S.: Here’s my build thread, if it’s helpful: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...rig-17377.html
Old 01-02-2020, 10:16 PM   #90

After 2 years of research, saving up the $ and worrying about cutting a huge hole in the roof, we finally had the CCV high top installed and we couldn't be happier! I originally went with CCV's high top because of my height and wanting the longer bed and additional headroom. Even though I knew how roomy it would be, I was still blown away by the cavernous space the first time I raised the top.

I think an equal benefit in going with the high top is being able to store all of our bedding in the top while traveling. Not only does it free up a ton of storage space below, it's also nice to be able to just raise the top and crawl into bed.

The van looks great... Glad to se you found a good one.