Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2019, 01:08 PM   #51
Site Team

In case you want to really jump in with both feet, here's a pre-owned one at SMB Texas.

No affiliation.

Herb
=============================
https://sportsmobile.com/inventory/c...ger-top-25000/

2001 Ford Econoline E350 EB Voyager Top $25,000

Voyager Top 6’1” standing height, Woodgrain Cabinetry, Brown Carpet with carpet overlay, 3rd Captains Chair, Passenger Swivel Seat Base Dinette L in rear (fold out to make sleeping platform 48” wide and 72” long), Lots of Cabinet Storage, Galley with Sink, Starcool A/C, 3cu Refrigerator, Microwave, Marine Toilet, 20 Gallon Fresh Water Tank, 2.8 Onan Generator, Kenwood Stereo with Remote, Washer/Dryer, 2.5G Water Heater, 14” TV with DVD, Fiberglass Running Boards. Recent complete mechanic service and Starcool service.

Old 12-25-2019, 06:41 PM   #52

Well, that’s a first. Never saw a clothes washer in a SMB!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 07:08 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam View Post
I did not but thank you for letting me know. I am looking into it now.

Thank you!
CGgonzo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:33 PM   #54

quote" Here is a passenger van with more miles but much nicer and 11 years newer, same listed price:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...038384801.html

FYI: on the link above.
I have tops for EB and RB available and can install. I have a 460 E350 available as well I will be swapping the 2wd trans out soon to 4x4 and building it out! Price is less sooner than later!
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:44 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
quote" Here is a passenger van with more miles but much nicer and 11 years newer, same listed price:

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/...038384801.html

FYI: on the link above.

I have tops for EB and RB available and can install. I have a 460 E350 available as well I will be swapping the 2wd trans out soon to 4x4 and building it out! Price is less sooner than later!

Link doesn’t work
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGgonzo12 View Post
So I am eying the Orange County and Los Angeles one currently. I reached out to the Los Angeles one but have not been able to get a response yet. The one in Buellton looks okay but I think the miles are just a tad bit higher than I want to go with but will take another look at it.

Thank you for posting those for me, really appreciate it
I'm wondering a bit! Have you decided what you really want because the ones you mentioned are not the same! One is an RB and the other is EB which for starters will handle differently, on and off road, it will spec out differently as far as layout, and power will be less on a EB due to heavier weight and weight capacity if built fully to it's limit and space! Although there appears to be no difference they are. Even parking for grocery shopping!
Old 12-26-2019, 12:45 PM   #57

It was a previous link posted may be incorrect!
Old 12-26-2019, 02:02 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
I'm wondering a bit! Have you decided what you really want because the ones you mentioned are not the same! One is an RB and the other is EB which for starters will handle differently, on and off road, it will spec out differently as far as layout, and power will be less on a EB due to heavier weight and weight capacity if built fully to it's limit and space! Although there appears to be no difference they are. Even parking for grocery shopping!
I’m actually thinking of sticking with RB mainly because of the length of the vehicle. It’s already going to be much bigger than I’m used to so I want to make it easier on myself if I can.
CGgonzo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2019, 10:17 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGgonzo12 View Post
I’m actually thinking of sticking with RB mainly because of the length of the vehicle. It’s already going to be much bigger than I’m used to so I want to make it easier on myself if I can.
Parking in SLO is a bitch with the EB. I've had 2 and know first hand. The RB is pretty easy, even in DT where you have to parallel.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:28 AM   #60

CGgonzo12:

I mentioned your selection because sometimes we can get distracted and all over the map. I was just trying to narrow your search and save you wasted time in a unit that will not fit you as far as driving patterns are concerned!

mikracer: Parking in SLO is a bitch with the EB. I've had 2 and know first hand. The RB is pretty easy, even in DT where you have to parallel.

Thanks mikracer! mikracer only confirms my point on the issue of every other day or monthly trip driving. Around town is hard in an EB if you are not experienced or use to big vehicles. Longer Mercedez and Sprinters also fall into this category. Do not get involved with something you will struggle with operating or it takes the fun out of the main purpose of getting one! Pic floor plans and whether you buy it ready or build it Stay focused.