Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #21
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
**Update***
I've put a deposit down with CCV. Mark has been awesome so far, he spent a few hours on the phone with me and answered all of my questions.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly and I will post pics after the install

I found this very informative video comparing the SMB top with the CCV top.

Hope everyone is well and well-prepped
Thanks for the complement. Looking forward to seeing your van in person and saying Hi as well...

OK at first I was excited to see this (video)... but then I watched it and wasn't so excited. Not really impressed, needs to cover all the pros and cons. Although we do have a superior product this doesn't really say much... Sorry to those that this may offend, but it's true. I'll need to do a better video and track down a friend who has a SMB top that will allow me to have it for a day to do a comparison. This probably won't happen till I finish my pop top as well... Unless Ray wants do one...

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:20 PM   #22
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Well Mark, I know you’ve got a sprinter with a SMB top coming in.....there ya go!
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:02 PM   #23
KDB

..and i intend to have hammock chairs hanging from my interior CCV bottom frame. CCV for the win.
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:23 PM   #24
KDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by palsing View Post
I had originally ordered a Yakima Roof Rack system on my CCV top but decided instead to get solar on top, and you can't have both. I love my solar and don't miss the rack.

So... i guess the answer is 'yes', you can get roof racks on your CCV top!
You can definitely have both. Aluminum frame with 160W flex panels.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20200313_172231.jpg   IMG_20200317_164842.jpg   IMG_20200317_164934.jpg  
KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:29 PM   #25

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
..and i intend to have hammock chairs hanging from my interior CCV bottom frame. CCV for the win.

We need to see this!
Old 04-13-2020, 09:47 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
You can definitely have both. Aluminum frame with 160W flex panels.

Dude.....Siiick!
Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 01:11 PM   #27

**Update**

We just got our van back from CCV. Took a week to road trip home, see some of Colorado, Southern Utah and the Eastern Sierras.

When we arrived in Loveland CO at the CCV shop Derek and Mark were there and our van was prepped for the orientation. The guys were awesome, very thorough and answered all of our questions (Thanks Dudes). The top looked amazing and was bigger and better than I had expected. They even washed the van which I really appreciated.

We took a week to drive home and spend some time acquainting ourselves with the new top. First thing I noticed is that there was not one rattle or squeak when driving. Check. Second thing I noticed is that our gas mileage was not affected. Over the week long trip I was actually able to average 11.9 MPG. Good for us. Third when the top is up there is an astounding amount of room inside. The lights are great and the MaxxAir fan is a game changer.

We spent one very windy night just outside of Moab along the Colorado River. Gusts probably in the 40-50 mph range. Top popped - I was very pleased with how it handled the high wind. There was not one rattle. only the zippers moved a little bit and the entire van would sway on the suspension which was impressive.

We did some pretty aggressive trails outside of Bishop up to Coyote Flat. The top was strong during moments of high torque on the body of the van.

Overall we had an amazing time and now that we're back home we're longing to be out on the trail. Wanna thank Derek and Mark as well as Ray for all their work and input and everyone else on here who contributed to this thread. I feel that I made the right decision going with CCV.

PS: Pro-tip ----> When closing the top, keep all doors and windows closed and run the fan inside to out at 100%. This creates enough negative pressure in the cabin to suck the tent fabric inside resulting in no pinched material.

Here are a few snaps from the trip!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3446.JPG   IMG_3428.JPG   IMG_3418.jpg   IMG_5150.jpg  
Old 07-07-2020, 10:10 PM   #28

Excellent!

Pro-tip: I cannot believe I have never thought of that. Just to be clear, you do mean the roof vent fan? For a second I was thinking you meant the dash fan but it doesn't blow from the inside out so you must mean roof fan. Brilliant.

Rock on....
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Excellent!

Pro-tip: I cannot believe I have never thought of that. Just to be clear, you do mean the roof vent fan? For a second I was thinking you meant the dash fan but it doesn't blow from the inside out so you must mean roof fan. Brilliant.

Rock on....
Yes! The MaxxAir fan