Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-25-2018, 08:12 PM   #1

New Van, New Tires

Hi everyone, new guy here. I'm not sure if I fit all the criteria, so just let me know. We just got our new family van, a 2008 Ford E150. We plan to make it rugged looking. I have seen alot of the Vans on here, prompting me to join and post!

We have four kids and tow a camper (25 lx prowler). We plan to use this as our tow vehicle and the wife's daily driver.

Our first mod was to put on new tires. After a bunch of research and talking to a few people we decided to go for the 265/75/16. We went the BF Goodrich KO2 route. I think it came out great. No rubbing and fills the gap perfectly. Thanks for all the advice. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181025_165530.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	23525Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181025_180352.jpeg
Views:	29
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	23526Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181025_165513.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	23527Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181025_165456.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	23528

KyleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #2

Great start and kudos to going the man van route instead of the mini van route. Course when you’ve got 4 kids you almost have to go big. Have fun with it and don’t feel like you’ve got to keep up with the Joneses so to speak to do so. Welcome!
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:41 PM   #3

Funny you say minivan, we went down a slippery path. Hope we are done. With every kid, we bought a new car just about. We started with a mustang GT. Then first kid wouldn't fit backwards in the car seat.... Crap. So then we traded in and got an expedition and had #2.... Engine started to knock at 80k... Traded in for a old pilot. Thought this was the one. Got fender flares, roof rack. It could tow a small camper..... And then kid #3, kid#1 couldn't fit feet in third row..... Crapppp.... Then traverse, then kid #4.... We were doomed. Minivan it was.

I had no idea these e150s existed. So into the sienna we went. Drove it for two years, and my wife was just embarrassed in it, her first car was a 95 mustang GT 5.0 lowered and the whole nine. So this minivan was a hard pill to swallow. Jumped ship into a new Pathfinder....It couldn't tow what they claimed it could... Sold it back 6 months later. Went 1 month with only 1 ex cab truck until we found the right fit!

Oh man. She is stoked. This is her baby. We just got it last week, she's already ordered tires, fenders, stickers, bug shields. And in her cart is pushbar, nerf bars, roof rack, ladder, spare tire mount and vent visors!!!!!

Game On!
Old 10-25-2018, 08:46 PM   #4

I ended up with a full size van when we found out we were having our 4th...I was excited all the way around actually. I’d been wanting one and at that point I could convince my wife it was a must have. Well I’ve got 5 now and this is my second van. Needless to say we couldn’t live without it. Great choice and enjoy the memories. Vans are great for that...and I mean that in the best possible way although I guess it can be true in many ways....
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:51 PM   #5

Thanks! Hope to tow my camper all over this country! Have to get a pic of them hooked up soon
Old 10-28-2018, 07:35 AM   #6

Garage
Welcome. Tires look good, these vans need more tire to balance the looks. Great start as WhitH mentioned.
Old 10-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #7

[QUOTE=KyleC;Oh man. She is stoked. This is her baby. We just got it last week, she's already ordered tires, fenders, stickers, bug shields. And in her cart is pushbar, nerf bars, roof rack, ladder, spare tire mount and vent visors!!!!Game On![/QUOTE]

Most of us have to work hard to convince the wife we need more bling, congratulations. I really like the color scheme too............
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 04:48 AM   #8

Funny thing we ended up here. She has told me from the jump that she just wasn't going to buy a surburban/tahoe just because we needed to. She just didn't want one, didn't like em, and wasn't getting one!

So I had to find something with enough engine to tow and enough space for 6 people. But couldn't get a surburban or Tahoe! Honestly we love this van and are super happy where we ended. We didn't want to just "settle"
Old 10-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #9

You might want to remind your wife that you went up one tire size so the speedometer will be off. Do not remember by how much or which way, plus or minus.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:38 PM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleC View Post
Oh man. She is stoked. This is her baby. We just got it last week, she's already ordered tires, fenders, stickers, bug shields. And in her cart is pushbar, nerf bars, roof rack, ladder, spare tire mount and vent visors!!!!!
Game On!
Initiative is a good thing! its always easier to slow someone down than it is to drag them along - sounds like you just need to keep your wife involved, and within a couple months you'll have the Rig you imagined.
We'll have fun watching the progress - let her know we're expecting to be impressed.