Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #1

Garage
NEWB here

Hello and thanks for accepting me into this community! I recently purchased a 1998 e350 ext length van with a 7.3L diesel. It had previously been owned be the Georgia DOT as a prisoner transport vehicle.
Being a father of 4 i wanted a van that had all the seats....but also being a service advisor at the local Ford dealership i wanted a 7.3L diesel. Well after a looking long and hard i found this one. Having been owned by the DOT it has been very well mechanically maintained....cosmetically, not so much.

Upon arrival i changed the air filter, fuel filter, performed wynns transmission service with filter replaced, wynns rear diff service, oil/filter change, new fuel with cetane booster.
It arrived without a spare wheel/tire and the DOT on the tires were at 8 years old so i purchased 5 black rims(-0.06 offset) and some white outlined lettering 265/75/16 GY Wrangler Trailrunner LT/AT tires.
I have yet to perform any mod to the interior but i feel like first up will be to grind the floor down and put some sort of bed liner substance down.
I'm excited to gain useful knowledge and unique ideas from such an established community!

JOELMUNOZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOELMUNOZ3 View Post
Hello and thanks for accepting me into this community! I recently purchased a 1998 e350 ext length van with a 7.3L diesel. It had previously been owned be the Georgia DOT as a prisoner transport vehicle.
Being a father of 4 i wanted a van that had all the seats....but also being a service advisor at the local Ford dealership i wanted a 7.3L diesel. Well after a looking long and hard i found this one. Having been owned by the DOT it has been very well mechanically maintained....cosmetically, not so much.

Upon arrival i changed the air filter, fuel filter, performed wynns transmission service with filter replaced, wynns rear diff service, oil/filter change, new fuel with cetane booster.
It arrived without a spare wheel/tire and the DOT on the tires were at 8 years old so i purchased 5 black rims(-0.06 offset) and some white outlined lettering 265/75/16 GY Wrangler Trailrunner LT/AT tires.
I have yet to perform any mod to the interior but i feel like first up will be to grind the floor down and put some sort of bed liner substance down.
I'm excited to gain useful knowledge and unique ideas from such an established community!
Welcome! Sounds like a nice rig... but we want some pictures!
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 01:39 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOELMUNOZ3 View Post

So, you're leaving in the barrier between the front seats and the rest of the van? I'll warn you that it's not a sound barrier.

Herb
Old 07-20-2018, 10:40 PM   #4

Heh heh. True Herb.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 10:45 PM   #5
GAR

Welcome to the van life madness.

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #6

Garage
Haha, there is no barrier in the van....not like a police car has, the inside looks just like a normal E350 12 pass van. Although with all the kids i have i probably need one!
Here are some pics of it. She may be ugly but she's dependable
before and after the new wheels/tires
***i dont know why it put them upside down lol
Attached Thumbnails
20180410_182449 (1).jpg   20180706_165450.jpg  
JOELMUNOZ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
GAR

Joel,

Try cropping the pic before posting.

Gar
GAR is offline   Reply With Quote