Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2019, 10:26 AM   #1

Picked up a van - CO

Hey folks,
I just picked up a van and am in pursuit to build it out. I figured it was time to finally join the forum since I have acquired a vehicle. I picked up a 2009 E150 XLT Premium 5.4 with a CCV 4x4 package. I'd like to be living out of the van by fall but this probably is a stretch ha!

I have some extras that came with the van including stock mirrors, an extra grill, a used throttle body (unsure of condition), third row leather bench seat and I might be willing to let go of the second row captain chairs as a package with the bench seat. I will list these items in the classifieds.

I have also have had some thoughts of selling the roof rack and ladder too since I plan to install a 24" high top. It does not appear I will be able to re-mount the rack to a fiberglass roof with new hardware. Does anyone have a perspective on this?

I am excited to start this journey!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7443.JPG  

fishbryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #2

You should be able to keep the ladder with the high top as the gutters will still be there. But you would need 24" extensions on the rack feet to reach, so you will probably want to mount it through the high top. That said, you can mount it through the high top and keep the rack.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:13 PM   #3

Congratulations that’s a sharp looking van
Phish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 05:33 AM   #4

nice van! id be interested in the ladder if you decide to let it go and would be willing to ship
axcxnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:11 AM   #5
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Nice, I had Derek fab up a rack for my CCV pop top, he through mounted it into the unistrut track of the poptop on the inside, this gives the rack a solid platform and distributes the load to a solid foundation vs bolting it up through the fiberglass. I’m betting there’s a way they could modify the rack you’ve got to do the same. He also made a ladder rung extension dropping down from the rack, keep the ladder. Photo of it here somewhere? .....I can post one next week when I’m back in town
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 06:43 AM   #6

Congratulations on a good looking van.
wltrmtty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:49 PM   #7

Fabulous!

Hi there,
I am not too far away from you. Would like to see yours! I have a full SMB 2005 Chevy EB you may like to peek at too. Have some ideas for improving a couple of areas on mine. Perhaps you have some advice to offer?
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #8

REF
Just wondering where you get your work done? I am a bit farther south, but still in Co. Need info on people who can work on these things without messing them up!?
Thanks
ConnieKat
ConnieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 02:51 PM   #9

ConnieKat, I would recommend going to see Matt at 3D Offroad in Colorado Springs. He is my go to fab shop and can do everything from custom racks to full 4x4 conversions. He does good work and will design to what you need.
renegadeoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #10

What 4x4 kit is CCV using? Also have you poked around at options for the 24" high top locally? I only found a couple options, neither terribly cost effective.
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote