Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #1

Saying hello from Eugene, OR

Long time looker, but just now getting into vans.

I'm trying to get an early start on things by doing as much research as I can in advance. Come the end of August we'll be the proud owners of a 2000 E350 Wagon DRW van. This is a single owner van with all maintenance records since 2000, and only has 108,000 miles on it.

In short, we plan on a dually delete, paint, insulate, interior build, and everything else that everyone else does. I've build a couple vehicles in the past few years, and know how to find my way around a shop.

The most exciting part about this build for me is making it custom. I'm the purchasing manager for a commercial furniture manufacture, and plan on having all my interior cnc cut, laminated, and edged.

I'll have build thread going once the van is in hand.

Mike

Mstudt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #2

Welcome! Looking forward to the build
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:28 PM   #3

Did you score one of the state motorpool vans? Besides my own, State of Oregon motorpool is the only other time I've seen dually wagons.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Did you score one of the state motorpool vans? Besides my own, State of Oregon motorpool is the only other time I've seen dually wagons.
No, not one of the motorpool vans. The company that my wife works for is clearing out their old fleet to make room for the new fleet. They have a couple dually's, and a couple SRW that they're getting rid of for cheap.

Mike
Old 05-23-2018, 11:12 PM   #5

Welcome. I’m here in Eugene as well and would be happy to grab a beverage and talk van sometime if you’d like.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
Welcome. I’m here in Eugene as well and would be happy to grab a beverage and talk van sometime if you’d like.
I don't see why that couldn't happen. Would love to have someone local for help, and answering questions that I might have.

Mike
Old 05-24-2018, 10:11 AM   #7

Howdy, I'm across the river in Springfield. I'm remodeling my new to me 2005 SMB and have some components I'm not going to use if your interested in some used stuff. I'm having new cabinets made next month at local shop. Would be interested in hearing about what materials your using. later Lance
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Howdy, I'm across the river in Springfield. I'm remodeling my new to me 2005 SMB and have some components I'm not going to use if your interested in some used stuff. I'm having new cabinets made next month at local shop. Would be interested in hearing about what materials your using. later Lance
I would be interested in hearing what you may have available, and may be interested in some of it.

What kind of material are you having your cabinets built from? There are some major differences in material as I'm sure you're already aware of. For my purposes I plan on using either 1/2" or 3/4" furniture grade plywood. This plywood is more expensive than what you can find locally because it void free, and the faces of it are finish grade. So you can stain it to a nice smooth, and clean finish. Or, you can laminate over the top of it.

Some manufactures may use solid wood, MDF, or particle board. All of which would weigh quite a bit more than plywood, and have different structure characteristics.

Mike
Old 05-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #9

Welcome! I am just down the road in Roseburg, but originally from Eugene. if you all end up meeting up we would love to meet some more local folks. We have an 04 E350 Quadvan we recently had a CCV top installed on and are planning the rest of the interior currently. Hope to meet you soon!
04QuadBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04QuadBear View Post
Welcome! I am just down the road in Roseburg, but originally from Eugene. if you all end up meeting up we would love to meet some more local folks. We have an 04 E350 Quadvan we recently had a CCV top installed on and are planning the rest of the interior currently. Hope to meet you soon!
I actually commute from Eugene to Roseburg daily for work.