Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2020, 10:36 AM   #21

Love my 5.8L Shes over 25 years old now and I am still in love with my 5.8L

Hit me up if you have Questions.. Only thing i woudl tell you to look for is PCV Valve. The Hose and Valve are bad design .. Be sure yours is in good shape and the Rubber hose is new.

ABS Controller is the other other part i have replaced in 25 years. the 5.8L is a beast that keeps on Running. I get about 10 - 18 MPG depending on where when and Cargo.

Hit me up if you need to.

Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:39 AM   #22

yea it has a Snorkel that pulls fresh air under the hood on top of the AUX battery. Passenger side.. 95 and Up on the 5.8L. No reason to modify it at all.. I have only added a Green Air filter that is now about 20 years old .
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:36 PM   #23

I have a 5.8 with 215k on it and it still runs great. It's been all over the country without major issues. I think you have to be comfortable working on vehicles if you own something older, but no reason not to run them in my opinion. I get 10-13mpg and it's slow as hell, but usually I'm not in a rush when I'm in the van so what do I care? Mine cruises 75mph no problem but can be slow up hills of course... Good luck nice looking rig!
MDBergholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDBergholm View Post
I have a 5.8 with 215k on it and it still runs great. It's been all over the country without major issues. I think you have to be comfortable working on vehicles if you own something older, but no reason not to run them in my opinion. I get 10-13mpg and it's slow as hell, but usually I'm not in a rush when I'm in the van so what do I care? Mine cruises 75mph no problem but can be slow up hills of course... Good luck nice looking rig!

I've got mine in the shop right now. Getting high flow cats put on and doing a full tune. She's in unbelievable shape inside and I am super excited to put some miles on it.

Any pics of your rig? Inside or out?
THaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:13 PM   #25

Yeah I have been using our welcome mat post as a sort of build log as we go through and upgrade. Feel free to check it out!

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...smb-25509.html
MDBergholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 03:30 PM   #26

Maybe it's the "lay of the land" but the penthouse top seems to lean to the driver side a bit. Maybe check the roof scissors to see if bent, etc. I just bought a 2002 - used but basically mint condition with a V10 - I've owned 2 other V10's previously - would never want a diesel or 5.4 V8 - again - just because of power thru the mans., and passing. 9500 pounds plus is gotta get pushed or pulled down the highway same as rest of traffic speeders - or your maybe "toast." Still wanna wish "good luck" under any/all circumstances. If it works for you - be happy !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote