Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #11

I bought my Safeco policy from Marty Adair at rvinsurance.com

(marty@rvinsurances.com )

I had all 4 vehicles, house and umbrella with Pemco. I dropped the Pemco SMB coverage and Safeco covered it at my valuation. He is familiar with SMBs.

J

2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:08 PM   #12

I'm getting a quote for Safeco using Justin. Seems like a good policy, although more $ than I was expecting.

JUSTIN CHRISTOPHER GENNOCK
559-577-4704

1235 PARKER PL UNIT 3J

SAN-DIEGO, CA 92109-5248
barrel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:43 AM   #13

RV Insurance

I just wanted to thank everyone for your insurance suggestions. I ended up going with American Adventure who uses Progressive as the underwriter. The policy was the most comprehensive with a good price. Plus, Progressive has a much better reputation than other companies.
rolorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 11:18 AM   #14
KSB

I just called Progressive and they flat out told me they would not cover the conversion, only the van which was a cargo van. So I am not sure whats going on.

I called my insurance company who takes care of my business insurance and all my work and personal vehicles and explained the math to them, cargo van $53K and SMB conversion $90K = replacement value in the event of total loss ~ $140K and they shopped for me and provided me with a Safeco quote which was $1775 a year but supposedly covers the full replacement. Seem pretty $$ given that its a RV and sadly does not get a ton of use. I just dont want to get into a wreck and have the insurance company not cover the conversion since it was way more than the actual cargo van.

Wondering if anyone else has a similar experience or thoughts of wisdom.

Thanks
KB
KSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 02:39 PM   #15

You might give these guys a try: RV Insurance | Motorhome Insurance | Blue Sky RV Insurance

We insured our SMB conversion through them. Ours is a van that we owned and had SMB convert. Insurance was no problem at all. We have Progressive, but I think they represent others as well. They know SMH so maybe they can do something that your other Progressive contact doesn't know about.
Klompen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 03:27 PM   #16

I’m insured through Safeco at a similar annual price. I’m in CA and my SMB is insured for “stated value” which is the amount I needed to ensure full replacement. My sense is that Safeco actually understands what they are insuring, while I wasn’t so such with other companies I explored.
barrel47 is offline   Reply With Quote