Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2020, 11:17 PM   #1

Vanelope Says Hello

What's up everyone,
My name is Alex.
Long time reader of the forum. Thank you for all the information. Fell in love with Sportsmobiles or at least the idea of them a long time ago.

Always have been a van fan, my parents never understood it. I finally bought my van a few years ago and have slowly made some adjustments.

I'm not looking to have much happening in the van other than seats for folks, seats that move for crap, some good bass and some miles.

I'm not finding myself camping, not yet at least. I'm a VJ (Visual Jockey) and I actually use my van to project from to some tunes.

During my hunt of a van, I found this former "Putnam Valley Transportation Authority" 4x4 Ford e250 located in Mass.

She's a 2002 Ford E250 fitted with a Quigly 4x4 kit.
Rear AC shituation
100k when I bought her in 2016. Only 113 now. Not bad.
She also has a hard extended top.
Her rear seats / seatbelts / and wheelchair lift were removed by the gentlemen before me.
Her roof strobes were removed as well.
He was an artist in MA and used it to do his own art.
I don't know why I was obsessed with the idea of 4x4 when I don't go off roading, but now I have one. Similar sentiments for the girlfriend. Not too sure why I wanted one, but now I have one.

When I bought the Van, I wasn't too sure what to look for, and slowly while having her I've realized all the bad lol.

Shes rusted as all hell. Not pretty underneath.
She was all white of course, grey vinyl interior.

I initially bought her to move merchandise and make my trips to Florida from New York way easier than a compact car.

First few projects included tints and throwing some artwork inside. I placed NYC subway maps all along the roof of the van. Accented with some custom vinyls / Characters I designed for some raves.

Added some double fold bus seats. Addressing my "If I have people I got seats, If I got sh**, I got room" situation going on in my head.

More recently I discovered her second battery, and decided to wire some bass + inverters to it. (This is going to lead to another post in another section cuz I read alot and need some answers)

Also threw some 35's on her, and man did she look mean. But super wobbly!!! Once those tires reached their end, I definitely downsized and this feels so much better!!

I also got an artist to help with the outside look of the van. Grabbed some markers, beer and tunes and boom. I am in the process of upgrading? or changing her artwork to some of my own.

And of course, I'm going to try to upload some shots of her to prove all this shenanigans.

Longest intro ever, I apologize. But I wanted to be thorough. lol

I don't have interior pictures of her with her most recent additions, but I will take some and share.

This first one just shows all the interior with the box the previous owner put inside.

Took it out!

Here she is home, maybe has tint by this point.

Here she is getting some new shoes

New artwork but wheels and rims not on just yet

The other side, on a christmas roadtrip down to Florida from NYC
Attached Thumbnails
iphone_unload - 8666.jpg   IMG_3197.jpg   iphone_unload - 7911.jpg   IMG_7791.jpg   IMG_7740.jpg  

IMG_7741.jpg  

VanelopeCrooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 02:56 AM   #2

Garage
Welcome. Amazing how the graphics/artwork change the look of the white van in a good way.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #3

Most interesting. You mentioned there's a lot of rust underneath. Hopefully it's not too far gone, but you probably need to do a close inspection of the suspension components, as serious rust can be a safety hazard due to critical parts coming loose, carbon monoxide leaking inside etc. The sooner you address any issues the less expensive it will be. Best of luck...............
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 01:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Most interesting. You mentioned there's a lot of rust underneath. Hopefully it's not too far gone, but you probably need to do a close inspection of the suspension components, as serious rust can be a safety hazard due to critical parts coming loose, carbon monoxide leaking inside etc. The sooner you address any issues the less expensive it will be. Best of luck...............
Thanks!! Good to know!
Old 07-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marret View Post
Welcome. Amazing how the graphics/artwork change the look of the white van in a good way.
Yup. Especially being in an area where it could get bombed with graffiti. I figured it would be best if I hit it first! Luckily, nobody has tried to bomb it since.