Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 07:20 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
I have a 2010 ford e350 with a Colorado Camper Van pop top, u joint 4x4 conversion, custom interior

I wondered the same thing back when I joined. Yours might not have the SMB badge, but it's got all the same stuff. Welcome!

A different question is this: What kind of person is drawn to an SMB, and hangs out on this forum?

From my experience, a pretty self reliant and accepting lot, that seem to struggle with many of the same things in keeping our campers alive, maintaining them, often modifying so they better suit individual and often specific needs, and trading very valuable information.

Old 11-20-2018, 04:18 PM   #32

And, although “Sportsmobile” has become kinda generic for a 4x4 van, those of us with real, albeit 2WD, Sportsmobiles would like to remind you that there are lots of us on the road and we’re legit, too! I have the coveted SMB sticker on my van :-)
Old 11-20-2018, 11:28 PM   #33
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Yes glad to hear your going to drop the complaining VV!! Being a SMBEast freak, I found it more and more difficult to hear you throw ALL SMB locals under the bus as if it was a universal problem...which is so unfair to the great people like Nancy Nix and Big Jim, Chad builder extrordinair...so thanks again for just getting over it.......I on the other hand can NEVER get over being lucky enough to listen to the members here and order a van I just can't get over...it's a lover story and I am glad to tell you my wife is just as in love...

I USED to be pro-SMB snob about this forum, BUT as pointed our many times by Senior members, mod's etc, ALL van owners have good input that just might help you out in a jam...and at the very least, make you feel good about your van, traveling, and sharing good times with others that look forward to and might follow the same great adventures....whether building or traveling, maintenance or sharing...this is the place for folks that love that kinda stuff (n' things)...so welcome...and you got a taste fo the drama that follows any close family....lololol

Ps This guy welcome too....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4926.jpg   IMG_4928.jpg  
Old 11-21-2018, 09:20 AM   #34
Site Team

Garage
Folks - a number of posts have been removed form this thread. Let's get back on topic please and leave the personal comments out of this thread.

Topic reminder: what makes it a sportsmobile
Old 11-21-2018, 09:36 AM   #35

I owned an 04 SMB and absolutely loved it. I enjoyed the premise of what it was designed to do and I feel that it did it well.
I no longer have a SMB per se but I now have my homebuilt van with all of the same amenities. The input from many members on this forum throughout the years has been invaluable.. I can't say enough how appreciative I am of that fact.
I view a SMB as a full build from the company but many of us have variations of such.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:03 AM   #36

Besides the van, its the people who make this forum a great place. Smart folks with pc attitudes has kept it a great source for info. Whether pre ownership or well into your ownership.
I learn a lot here.
Old 11-21-2018, 03:29 PM   #37
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Folks - a number of posts have been removed form this thread. Let's get back on topic please and leave the personal comments out of this thread.

Thank you Janet. I very much appreciate it.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #38
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

Thank you Janet, I very much appreciate it as well.

Gar
Old 11-21-2018, 05:53 PM   #39
Gone Traveling

Since a few people have mentioned that the sportsmobile stickers make it a sportsmobile, LOL… I have two, brand new, new style (cursive) sportsmobile stickers that I’m happy to mail to anyone who would like one or both. :-). They are the puffy decals, not flat like a bumper sticker… (Edit: Addes a photo link of which decals they are).
https://vocalvirgo.com/sportsmobile-decal/

Anyway, if anybody wants a pair that have never been removed from their backing (a.k.a. brand new)… Let me know. They’re all yours. I’m happy to pop them in the mail if someone wants them. :-).
Old 11-21-2018, 06:13 PM   #40
GAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalVirgo View Post
Since a few people have mentioned that the sportsmobile stickers make it a sportsmobile, LOL… I have two, brand new, new style (cursive) sportsmobile stickers that I’m happy to mail to anyone who would like one or both. :-). They are the puffy decals, not flat like a bumper sticker… if I could take a picture and post it, I would… But maybe somebody else can do so. Anyway, if anybody wants a pair that have never been removed from their backing (a.k.a. brand new)… Let me know. They’re all yours. I’m happy to pop them in the mail if someone wants them. :-).
I’ll take them. You can mail them to:

Gar
3631 S Bagley Ave, Fresno, CA 93725

Gar
Closed Thread