Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #1

Garage
1st Adventure with my new van - pics!

The waiting is over! While the anticipation was very exciting, having this thing to use now is way more fun. I picked it up at Fresno last Thursday, and logged 1100 miles on the way home, four wheeling every day. Camped along forest roads near Sonora Pass in the Sierra Nevada the first night. Then down and over the range thru Yosemite, getting to the Tom's Place area, and we found a nice 4by trail to the forest above Lower Rock Creek Road. Next day, we motored up to North Lake for a mid day dip (very COLD!) and lunch. Later on, we headed up Mazourka Canyon to a very high point in the Inyo Mountains for a spectacular view of the Sierra Range, and camped right there. Never saw another soul at any camps we made. Drove back to Santa Barbara Sunday and washed the van.

I had no problems with any systems or equipment in the van the whole time. The entire experience was a pleasure, from the orientation and delivery by Greg White, to the road trip. It was, however, quite hot and flat in Fresno, so I stayed at altitude for the most part on the trip (in case you couldn't tell).

Some pics......

Our hideaway near Sonora Pass:

Close to Rock Creek Road:

High in the Inyo Mountains with the Sierra as backdrop:

Tooling around some old mining areas in low range:

Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 PM   #2

Garage
Sweet!!

Cheers,
---Bruce--- (epic-exposure.com/albums/adventure/)
twolost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 AM   #3

Nice, Jeffrey. What's the make/model of the running boards, and what is the nam of the paint color? How do you like the RB-50 layout so far?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:24 AM   #4

Right on Jeffrey! I forgot to ask you previously, when I saw your van on the line I noticed you had the roadarmor bumpers. I think they're slick looking, for sure. How much heavier do you think they are?

I opted to stay with aluminess because I know how convenient the flat fenders of my jeep are for sitting things on, and the aluminess bumpers are like small tables
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 10:33 AM   #5

Garage
Mike, the foot boards are from ATS Design, Cerritos, CA. The van is Ford Pueblo Gold in color. The RB-50 is perfect for my needs.

Buji,

The front Road Armour bumper weighs in at around 130 pounds, if I remember what RA told me. The fit is exact, and personally, I think it's pretty sexy. I guess I can't lay stuff down on it, but I wish I still had all the stuff that I put down on my front Land Rover bumper just before I drove off! That shit's gone... I do have the Aluminess rear. Your photo at SK still shows stock front bumper. When and where are you installing the Aluminess?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #6

Nice look with the blacked-out grille and wheels!
-- Geoff
Old 08-07-2007, 05:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
... I guess I can't lay stuff down on it, but I wish I still had all the stuff that I put down on my front Land Rover bumper just before I drove off! That shit's gone... I do have the Aluminess rear. Your photo at SK still shows stock front bumper. When and where are you installing the Aluminess?
Hahaha... yeah. I've lost a hammer and a set of allen wrenches that way too...

The aluminess stuff is being installed at Salem Kroger, where my van is now being 4x4'd
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #8

Great looking rig, congrats!

Our family is heading up into that same area in the SMB on Saturday. Camping in the Rock Creek area is excellent.

R
Old 08-08-2007, 08:35 PM   #9

Jeffrey -

Great looking van!

What size tires and wheels do you have? I'm looking to change size and those look to be about what I want. I currently have 305-70R16 and am thinking of 315-75R16 to get a little more small bump cush out of them.

Thanks -
Phil

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #10

Nice Van

Saw it up there last week. Like the front bumper, may get one later. The crew at SB seem to be pushing the 315 tires with the 17" wheels. That means a $$ upgrade on the brake system. Not sure on mine yet. I still may go with the 285's with the 16" wheels. That will only need the upgraded rotors and pads?
Captkimo is offline   Reply With Quote