Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2017, 09:35 AM   #1

Garage
2000 Chevy Sportsmobile RB? 4x4 Poptop - QUESTIONS - HELP

Greetings SF! I am in need of a little help, insight, advice, info- thanks for your eyes and ears! (PS, I tried posting this on, cough EP but no replies. I may post this thread in the Show & Tell area too).

My new van did not come with ANY literature or manuals from the previous owner -- I have emailed SMB with the VIN, hoping they can help. Also, I'm looking for a little help in establishing a realistic (I know, vague) market value for my van as I am not familiar with SMB and their older builds... Your time on this thread is appreciated!

Hello everyone. I have spent the better part of the last 5 years with Chevy Astro AWD vans (which I still own, run and love). However, I am excited to announce I have JUST secured what seems to be my ultimate dream van Yes, I know a bit about vans/rigs but admittedly not too much about Sportsmobile, their older builds, new builds etc. I hadn't really considered a Sportsmobile (but of course always drooled and dreamed) as they were too far out of my budget. BUT it seems like all it took was a little time, the right vintage and a few miles to secure just that, a Sportsmobile My wife and border collie can't wait to get this on the road where it belongs!

2000 Chevy Express 3500 w/ 350 Vortec Gas - 155k miles

-Interior condition is fair, cabinetry and window drapes show about 50% wear. All appliances seem to work just fine
-Exterior is in great condition with the minor scuffs here and there. Seems very typical of 155k miles
-Mechanically sound. Only noted code was a mass airflow sensor that is likely being triggered from a broken airbox or simply dirty
-No doubt this van has seen some great adventures and it's ready for more!

Specs:

-4x4 conversion
-Poptop
-Forced air furnace
-Mic
-Fridge
-Secondary A/C and heat system (how do they work!?)
-Sink
-Water holding tank
-Elec water pump
-Cooktop
-Battery (under sink)
-Breaker box
-Converter/charger
-gray water tank for sink
-City water hookup
-RV style exterior plug for shore power
-Two swivel front captains chairs
-Rear single removable jump seat with belt
-Exterior propane tank

The only tagging/branding on this rig for SMB is on the secondary A/C and heat thermostat. My assumption is that it is in fact a SMB build. The 4x4 conversion however I am still trying to track down...

Anybody have an idea of the SMB plan for the 2000 era on this van? Resources for the appliances or even the literature this would have came with from SMB? Even though I do not have ANY plans to sell this van would anybody care to throw out a value with the above specs and pics- mostly so I can tell my wife to relax about the missing money in our account

Any additional thoughts, tricks, tips for this van, motor, chassis, poptop etc would be great!

Much much appreciated- cheers!

LG

-It should be noted that the person I purchased this van from was insistent it go to a home that would carry on a life of adventure, fun and share it with as many people as possible -- and it will my friend
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170215_095500.jpg   IMG_20170215_095512.jpg   IMG_20170215_095806.jpg   IMG_20170215_095817.jpg  

MTADVENTUREVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:59 AM   #2

Sweet rig! It certainly looks like a SMB from the seats and pop top but I'm no expert. I'd guess the 4x4 is Quigley but a shot of the shifter and underneath the front would help. There is also usually a sticker in the drivers door jam from any upfitter but I'm sure you've checked there?
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #3

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
Sweet rig! It certainly looks like a SMB from the seats and pop top but I'm no expert. I'd guess the 4x4 is Quigley but a shot of the shifter and underneath the front would help. There is also usually a sticker in the drivers door jam from any upfitter but I'm sure you've checked there?
Boom goes the dynamite! Thanks WhitH! The 4x4 issue has been solved. In all the excitement I neglected to see the door jam sticker!

Advanced Four Wheel Drive Systems - Salt Lake City
DATE: 09/2006
ID NO: 12102

Any ideas on the rest? Thanks again!
MTADVENTUREVAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #4

Congrats and welcome!! Yes the cabinets and appliance/starcool locations indicate a SMB build to me. Those reading lights are another SMB only piece. Go here to find all the manuals you could wish for regarding SMB and all the appliances.

Scroll past the links down to the .pdf collection. I printed off a lot of these and put them in a binder just like SMB did when these were new.

https://sites.google.com/site/mysmbinfo/
Poptopper is offline   Reply With Quote