Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2020, 10:39 PM   #1

2004 E350 Quigley - Chateau 5.4L - Price Check

Hey All,

It's a sad day but I'm looking to list my van in the near future. I have an AWD Transit on the way and I should be taking delivery of it by early Dec. I would like to ask your opinion for the value of van what I should list it at.

These are specs for the van:

2004 E350 4x4 (Quigley Conversion) Chateau
60,204 KM's
5.4L V8 Gas
Dana 60 Front
Battery Tender Warmer (Not Tested)
Spare tire
Trailer Hitch (Connections not Tested)

This van is very clean and has very minimal cosmetic damage, I would say for its age it is in excellent shape.

I purchased this van used in in Feb 2019, I believe I am the 4th owner? It was originally purchased and built for Northern Ontario but the original owner passed away. It was then sold to another person, who also passed away and then it was stuck as part of a estate sale for a few years. The person I got it from inherited it from the relative who passed away.

Things I've done to the van since my purchase:
Checked and changed all fluids
New Ford Reman Steering Box (2019)
Installed Salvaged Fiberglass Hightop (24 Inches), made in 2001
Installed Maxxair 7500K MaxxFan Smoke Lid Remote Control (It is not permanently wired)
5 New BFG K02 E-Rated Tires. 4 have 16,000 KM, the 5th full size spare is unused in the spare tire slot
1der Passenger Swivel Seat
AC Recharge
New Battery (2019)
New Starter Solenoid (2020)
New Starter Ford Reman (2020)

Extras included in the purchase:
1der Awning Brackets Not Installed (I lost the hard ware though, bolts and screws)
Spare Rear Passenger Window

Exterior:

Paint is in excellent shape, there is a fair bit of pin stripping because this was a bush truck. There are small nicks here and there, mostly on the edge of the doors. The worse of the paint is on the rear driver side rail gutter. It's chipped, and also I've noticed the paint on the gutter is starting crack so that would need to be addressed to prevent leaks.

From what I can tell there is almost no surface rust on the body, there are tiny specs of it in the wheel well and you can see some forming in-between the joints of the doors. (I will take pictures)

There is a small 1inch gouge on the hood of the van near one of the wipers.

The hightop is almost 20 years old, the gelcoat still looks good, but when it was installed a year ago we did notice very small cracks forming on in the paint/gel coat? Given its age I would re-sand and paint it with a raptor liner or equivalent

There is a 1 foot crack in the windshield dead center, there also two small chips that have been filled. You can use it as it is but this windshield is not repairable and should be replaced.

With that being said, living in the PNW, this van has not leaked once.

Mechanical:
This van runs great, its very low mileage. The only two issues I've had with the van were from a defective steering box which was replaced, and some failure to start issues. This has resulted in me replacing the battery, starter, and starter solenoid, no issues since then.

Rust - I believe there is very minimal rust on this vehicle, there is a light petina on the underbody, but this vehicle has a rust coating since it was purchased, however I have not done it since It was brought to the west coast. I will take pictures.

The bad:
Check Engine Light is on, it has been on since I purchased the van.
P2197 Code - 02 Sensor signal stuck lean bank 2.

Airbag Light is on ever since I installed my swivel seat, likely a wiring issue

Front Right Brake Line needs to be replaced due to rubbing in full lock

There are few other recommendations on the dealer reports, which I will upload as I'm not really mechanically savvy when it comes to vehicles.

Interior:
Excellent shape, leather captains chairs, no rips or tears. There is a minor scuff on each of them, I will take pictures

2nd row of chairs were removed, and the holes were plugged.

3rd row is a bench seat that is a fold down bed from a 90's E Series, it uses factory seat belt and mounting points.

The transition from the header liner to the hightop has not been completed. I've left a fair amount of extra headliner material in order to do a nice transition but it hasn't been done by myself.

I've insulated all the body panels up to the driver and passenger seats, however I have not done the passenger side doors. I used 3M Thinsulate, I haven't glued them in, just cut out pieces and stuff the crevices. Noico sound deadening as well with approx 50% coverage the areas I did.

Here is my build thread with more interior and exterior photos, they are about a year old but nothing has really changed.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...ory-24060.html

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-4207.jpg   64302680_10106722414394742_8650818334696144896_o.jpg   IMG-2513.jpg   _MPR4782.jpg   IMG-2531.jpg  

IMG-2532.jpg  

Old 09-17-2020, 10:52 PM   #2

I've included all the invoices from the dealer work I've done. It goes into details some of the mechanical issues, if there are anything you can reccomend in these notes that I should include in the description of the sale or I should address prior to sale please let me know. I want to be transparent as possible.

I have not included the one for the starter replacement, but have those records and others if needed.

For price comparison, was able to find two other 4x4 vans for sale in Canada:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ext/1508559855

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/ford/low..._15_20&sprx=50
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doc Sep 17, 2020, 2148.pdf (1.62 MB, 2 views)
Old 09-17-2020, 10:54 PM   #3

Can’t help too much with the valuation, but I would definitely consider fixing some of those punch list items. They may seem small to you, but they add up to a hassle for a buyer and will likely turn off people. You’ll get your money back and likely more.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Can’t help too much with the valuation, but I would definitely consider fixing some of those punch list items. They may seem small to you, but they add up to a hassle for a buyer and will likely turn off people. You’ll get your money back and likely more.
Yeah thats the plan, I'm travelling to see family end of the month for 2 weeks. I plan to just drop the van off at the dealer with all the paperwork I was given and tell them to address all the issues to the van. I just don't want them to take me for a ride but they've treated me well so far.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:37 AM   #5

For airbag light, try wiggling or unplug/re-plug the connection under the passenger seat. Very common issue with swivels.

Depending on your “pinstripes,” a good detailer can often remove them or at least minimize them.

Have Safelite or similar glass place do the windshield. They aren’t too expensive and the dealer will just contract it out to them anyway and mark it up.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #6

I agree with the above. Spend the money for a new windshield, buff the paint, and I would even spend the money to get the top line-x/raptor liner/etc with the painted top coat to match the van paint. It will present much nicer and not seem like it was a work truck that wasn't cared for.

As for the check engine light, have a good mechanic diagnose the issues and get an estimate for the repairs. If they are minimal, then I would have them fixed if you can. If not, then at least the buyer knows you did some digging to see what is wrong.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:49 PM   #7

I’d start at $25k and see what kind of action you get. There are several issues that if repaired would push the price higher. But as is, I’d go at $25k USD. Seems like a lot of van at that price.
Grampswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 05:49 PM   #8
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Yes our airbag light (first) came on b/c wife went wrong way to swivel back...not meant to go round n round...we reconnected into plug where it ripped out and they re-set light (I think light/wire is really for tensioner, airbag will still work)...just with use the wires have jiggled out and set light off...so we just got the plug replaced...yes KTG always gotwoards driver (two swivel) and back...
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
I agree with the above. Spend the money for a new windshield, buff the paint, and I would even spend the money to get the top line-x/raptor liner/etc with the painted top coat to match the van paint. It will present much nicer and not seem like it was a work truck that wasn't cared for.

As for the check engine light, have a good mechanic diagnose the issues and get an estimate for the repairs. If they are minimal, then I would have them fixed if you can. If not, then at least the buyer knows you did some digging to see what is wrong.
I was able to fix the CEL, it was a lazy O2 Sensor. I've only driven it about 50 miles since the fix but no CEL yet.