Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2019, 03:10 PM   #1

2004 Pleasure Way Traverse Pop Top Seal

Recently bought a 2004 Pleasure Way Traverse. Fairly good shape overall and 65K miles. The pop top seal is dried out and loose in several places, needs replacement. I have not been able to find any information for the seals on this van, or anywhere to buy a seal specifically designed for it. I am thinking of buying the seal used for the Eurovan MV Weekender, appears to be about the same shape and the seal can be purchased by the foot. Anyone know if this will work? Here is a link for the seal they sell:
https://www.gowesty.com/product/seal...f-u-channel?v=

Also, Pleasure Way does not have the owners manuals to download on their website for the Traverse, only the other models. Any thoughts on where I can down load one?

Thanks for any tips, Jim

Paleomanjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:55 PM   #2

I have the original PW owner’s binder for my 2002 Traverse. When I get some time either scan or copy it and mail it to you. PM me with your email address. Let me know if/when you find a good replacement for the seal as it would be good to know for the future.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #3

It's likely you can find a seal here: https://www.mcmaster.com/vinyl-trim
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 09:58 PM   #4

I ordered the replacement seal and new canvas for my kid’s van from Mike Reed a couple years ago. He has the dealership for GTRV’s/Pleasure Way and parts for the US. This is the last e-mail address I have for him: gtrvinc@gmail.com
Old 05-31-2019, 05:45 PM   #5

I ordered the pop top seal from Go Westy, 30' of total length. The U channel is 1/4" wider and the seal bulb around 1/8" larger in diameter. It fit perfectly I had 14" left over, so looks like 29" would be enough. Total cost shipped only $72. Fairly easy to install, maybe 1 hour total removing old seal and installing new.

tried to add a picture but not sure how....
Paleomanjim is offline   Reply With Quote