Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2020, 05:59 PM   #1

2006 E350 6.0 Engine Codes Problem Today

2006 E350 Engine Codes Problems Today
these 4 codes has anybody had these??
both engine and wrench codes fuel gauge shows full but temp Sensor coolant is zero

P1000 PCED OBD systems readiness test not complete OBD monitors/drive cycles incomplete

P115A
Low fuel, Faulty Fuel Level Sensor, Fuel Level Sensor harness is open or shorted, Fuel Level Sensor circuit poor electrical connection, Faulty Instrument cluster

U0155 PCED Lost communication with instrument cluster Communication failure

U0100 Lost Communication With ECM/PCM "A" Code

ebrogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 04:53 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
I can't speak with any degree of knowledge or authority about those DTC's but it seems they could be related to the instrument cluster rather than any other fault in the engine, transmission or PCM.

Replacements from the used or salvage market should be available but they'll be very year and fuel type specific. There also exist more than a few instrument cluster repair outfits--some here may have suggestions or an online search should reveal something useful.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:21 AM   #3

That was where I was thinking. What are some of the repair groups you mentioned?
Old 08-27-2020, 10:35 AM   #4
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrogie View Post
That was where I was thinking. What are some of the repair groups you mentioned?
Check if the dome light delay shut off is working as it should---assuming you have the feature? Does your van have "cruise control" and it's working okay?

I've found a few through eBay where the only real benefit is the feedback system there---easy enough to get an idea of any one outfits reliability.

Otherwise do an online search for instrument cluster repair shops but pay attention whether they "specialize" in anything and everything---you want someone dedicated to repair instrument clusters.

Before taking that route though see if a good shop near you can confirm if the CAN-bus network is indeed communicating as it should with the rest of the vehicle's systems. I'm completely guessing its the cluster itself but could be a few other user NOT friendly issues causing those problems.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #5

No Dome light to my knowledge Cruise control is not working i put in new steering wheel controls did not fix the cruise

my local guy has his own 6.0 in a wrecker He plugged in a computer and he confirmed that he thinks its the cluster also.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:18 AM   #6
JWA

I did neglect saying the DTC P1000 isn't a cause for concern---there is a procedure for establishing the drive cycle monitors but in this case and most others its just not a cause for concern. You'll tend to see that same code pop up nearly every time a scanner is used.

Onward.............

Those fricking IC's contain so many chips for various functions its not surprising one would develop issues such as you're finding EBrogie.

I'm fairly sure if you simply swapped out the existing with a known working IC it would fix the issue. By all means confirm it is the IC so you're not just throwing parts at a problem to no good outcome.

About the only think you'll encounter with swapping the IC is the odometer won't be accurate to the vehicles use. The same repair services and reset the indicated mileage for a fee of course.

Should you go the swap route send your original IC to repair. If you drive the van during that repair keep track of the miles and ask the repair shop to call you just before they reset the odometer to get an update on any additional miles you've added.

All that ^^^ assumes you're as anal as I am about such minuscule details.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:33 AM   #7

I replaced the instrument cluster

Still getting codes
this time they do not tend to stay on long but are repetitive sometimes as short as 5 seconds other times 30 seconds or so.

P1000 OBD II monitor

U0155 PCED Lost communication with instrument cluster Communication failure

U0100 Lost Communication With ECM/PCM "A" Code
Old 09-14-2020, 01:23 PM   #8
JWA

You seem to have an issue with the wiring connecting to the PCM then---you'd want to check the individual connectors at the IC then via EVTM trace them through the chassis to the PCM.

Any idea if the entire cluster seems to "fail" completely then resume normal operation almost immediately? I'd double check the power connections at the IC along with grounds as well.

The P1000 OBD-II DTC isn't of concern---it'll pop up nearly every time you connect a scanner to the DLC.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:09 AM   #9

the wrench engine and check gauges light come on briefly the gauge that appears to fail is the coolant temperature gauge If I knew how to upload a pic from my iphone i would send it if you have a cell number email or linkedin connection I could forward
Old 09-15-2020, 08:23 AM   #10

Check the engine and dash grounds (below the A-pillar is the main connection), as well as the battery terminals, before you start swapping parts.

The wrench usually indicates a throttle position signal error, which should not be directly related to your cluster errors. So that makes me thing something upstream might be causing all those errors.