Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2019, 02:01 PM   #1

2011 upfitter switches

Hi. I am trying to install upfitter switches into my van. The van did not come with upfitter switches. I have the outside cut harness wires. I do not have any fuses or relays.

Does anyone know where these cut wires come through the firewall on the interior side. I need to find them to hook them up. I can run my own relays that’s not a problem.

NCMODELA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:11 PM   #2

Those wires come through the firewall and into the large white connector under the steering column. That's where the Battery Junction Box harness interfaces with the under dash/Smart Junction Box harness.

See the big white connector at the bottom of the picture? That's the one you're looking for.

get one of these books...it gives you everything you need in better detail than you'll find anywhere else.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...anual&_sacat=0
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:01 PM   #3

Ok. Thank you. Do they terminate at that plug? Do you know what ford wire ends fit into that plug?
Old 10-20-2019, 07:06 PM   #4

I believe it is a hybrid plug so multiple sizes of terminals fit in it. There are several different types of terminals throughout the vehicle and I can't remember without seeing the terminal but likely they are made by Yazaki.

The relays and most of the relevant wiring are in the Battery Junction Box already. The upfitter switch provides power (when switched on) to the coil side of the relay.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:17 PM   #5

I checked the battery box. There are no fuses and there are no metal connections in There to just plug a fuse or relay in.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:27 PM   #6

Ah...bummer. Some part numbers (for the BJB harness) have it, some don't apparently.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:38 PM   #7

Yea. It’s not a big deal because I have external relays I can run them to.

But to just confirm. The wires should go into the white connector and dead end? I can either cut them there and run manually to the upfitter switch or put in the wire ends to feed the wire into the switch?
Old 11-14-2019, 12:07 AM   #8

I am attempting to add the Ford upfitter switches in my 2011 E350 as well. When I do this I plan to add the electric brake controller. Does anyone know all the parts that are required to do this? Do I need a separate wire harness to plug into the upfitter switches?
HDryder05LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:06 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDryder05LH View Post
I am attempting to add the Ford upfitter switches in my 2011 E350 as well. When I do this I plan to add the electric brake controller. Does anyone know all the parts that are required to do this? Do I need a separate wire harness to plug into the upfitter switches?
Did you ever find your answer? I'm looking to do the same on my 2013. Break control and upfitter switches. I havent found the upfitter plug inside yet but did find this plug by the spare tire. Theres alot of wires going in and only the 4flat coming out. I'm hoping there is a 7pin pigtail I can plug and play.
Attached Thumbnails
20191115_195159.jpg   20191115_195230.jpg  
dadvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 09:15 PM   #10

I have the same wiring as you. I had to run a power wire with inline fuse to the brake controller plug in the dash. Then run a wire from the connector back to the rear of the van as a blue wire for brakes. I cut a small slit in the gasket in the floor to pull them through.

For electric to camper I put in a relay on the drivers fender well and ran 10 gauge to rear of van. The rest of the wires for the 7 way are part of yhev4 way.

Sorry. This was my easiest way to do this.

I have not figured out the upfitter switch.