Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2023, 11:34 AM   #11

4D AGM Batteries

I’ve called before and asked about specific availability before going. I think you may have to go through the switchboard and ask for the store. I don’t totally remember. They don’t have a web presence for the store. The store is on the plant grounds.

Deka Factory Store
(610) 682-6361
https://maps.app.goo.gl/9FsqnSHMmUmM6Qnj8?g_st=ic

BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 08:33 PM   #12

Thanks Brian. I have been to the plant but it's been a few years. I'm up there for work still on occasion. I might give this a shot when I get ready to buy batteries for my new van build.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 05:56 AM   #13

Batteries

Just replaced my optima(yellow) after 17 years with the same.
Hope the new ones last as long.
Moodybloo
moodybloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 10:36 AM   #14
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonesclimber View Post
After almost 15 1/2 years I think it's time I replace my 4D AGM house battery. Believe it or not it still seems to hold a reasonable amount of power but by the end of the night the furnace seems to struggle until the sun comes up and hits the solar panels.

What seems to be the most reliable brand at this moment?

Paul

Hi Paul, I'm in the same boat and my 2 4D lifelines are on the way out since being installed in 2009. As mentioned you must make sure the size, mainly the terminal height has enough clearance. The Deka batteries I tried in 2008 were a little too tall and the local Ford dealership and fire dept got up close and personal with my van. After the incident, I decided to go back with what was originally installed but today those Lifeline batteries are expensive. I'm at a cross road; spend the bucks or look at something like the Duracell product. I just don't know about the overall size of the Duracell. SMB will replace them with the Fullriver brand and claim they will fit. On the cheap I could get the Duracell's and have a buddy with a shop replace them.

One thing hard to get around is my lifeline batteries have worked in my van for 13+ years with its specific charging profile. They've been subjected to all my solar system can pump out during very hot days and my shore charger methods of charging have seemed to work for me. Kind of a gamble to switch brands. The batteries I currently have still work but after what I would call a typical night, they are down to 60% by morning. If I put a load to them like running my water heater, they drop below 50% quickly. I might try the Duracell if the sizes are right. Good luck with your choice Paul.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 11:19 AM   #15

Since the Lifelines were original it may be hard to go elsewhere and do this more often. If
I would get another 15 yrs out of them we would probably both be on our way out at the same time. Where did you find a source for the Lifelines?

PS Are you going to try to make the MeetUp in June?

Paul[QUOTE[/QUOTE]
Old 03-10-2023, 12:10 PM   #16

I purchased my latest Lifeline battery through
https://batteryguys.com/products/lifeline-gpl-4dl
I do see they have gone up $200.00 though.

Craig

Craig
05 EB 50 V10 4x4 Baja Tan
calclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2023, 09:50 AM   #17
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbonesclimber View Post
Since the Lifelines were original it may be hard to go elsewhere and do this more often. If
I would get another 15 yrs out of them we would probably both be on our way out at the same time. Where did you find a source for the Lifelines?

PS Are you going to try to make the MeetUp in June?

Paul[QUOTE
[/QUOTE]

Ray has a good source but I'm not sure on the shipping. What's going on in June Paul? (edit) OK so Ron's putting something on in Oregon. That sounds fun. It would be nice to get back together with folks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calclimber View Post
I purchased my latest Lifeline battery through
https://batteryguys.com/products/lifeline-gpl-4dl
I do see they have gone up $200.00 though.

Craig
That's not a bad price Craig. As soon as I saw free shipping it peaked my interest and it's not that much more compared to SMB's price for the Fullriver.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 05:23 PM   #18

When I do it I think I'm going to go with the Lifelines. They aren't that much more and hopefully they will give me many more years.

Paul