Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2020, 08:56 AM   #121
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malamoque View Post
Thanks for quick answer.
So....what is it for?
Most likely its for a trailer or other auxillary wiring that could be fitted by someone after the van was delivered to its original or subsequent owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachiboombatti View Post
Just looked at all the wiring diagrams in alldata for '01, '02, and '04 vans cruise control. All pins in that connector that go to the servo under the hood are identical in all the years. Wiring is all the same. Havent tested it yet, but should work lol
I don't think that's correct but do let us know whether using the "wrong" year servo works.

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:35 PM   #122

I‘m not an expert at all. But the internet says that regarding cruise control everything changed with 2005. No servos but fly by wire.
A friend here in Germany with a 2014 5.4 XLT (I have XL) sent me a picture with 6 cables going into the connector and it is connected.
Additional to mine he has cruise control and electric mirrors and back camera (all oem)
I’ll try to convince him to give it a try and easily pull the connector to see what happens.
Malamoque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 02:39 PM   #123

The smiley was for to see what happens when disconnecting the connector.
Old 09-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #124

This is the connector situation in my friends car
Click image for larger version

Name:	1A7A0E75-36F8-4D53-9DA7-D31DE560F22E.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	35880
Old 09-20-2020, 07:54 PM   #125

It is definitely correct, if you have access to alldata like I do you can see for yourself
chachiboombatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:56 PM   #126
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by chachiboombatti View Post
It is definitely correct, if you have access to alldata like I do you can see for yourself
So are you saying the connector shown is FOR the VSC, without some sort of mating connector VSC won't work?

My information says the clock spring and steering wheel with switches needs to be installed, connected and someone with dealer level PCM tweaking software needs to enable that system---beginning in 2005 it was 100% a function of the PCM.

This info ^^^ comes from checking printed EVTM copies of 2004 and 2005 when the VSC servos disappeared. Unless I've forgotten how to read EVTM's there is no connector(s) under the hood relating to VSC.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 02:23 PM   #127

Correct, if you read my post though i said 01, 02 and 04 are all the same. I never mentioned an 05, as they went to drive by wire in 05, there is no need for an actuator under the hood, its all wires no cables
Old 09-29-2020, 10:38 PM   #128

Update

Luckily I bought 3 different switch sets from the junkyard cuz only one of them worked. Now the cruise works fine on my 04, no dealer programming needed or anything. All I had to do was install the cruise actuator under the hood with cable to the throttle body, install the new steering wheel with switches and spiral cable, also shorted the brake pressure switch. Walla. No combo meter light when I activate it
Old 10-26-2020, 10:58 AM   #129

Not to bump a somewhat old thread, but just wanted to thank everybody that contributed to this. The cruise control in my 2003 e250 (5.4L gasser) died about 50k miles ago and I just lived with it ever since. Asked mechanics a few times when the van was in the shop for separate work if they could look in to it and none of them had a good answer/acted like it would involve some big bill to troubleshoot it.

Based on the input on here, I replaced the switch assembly that threads in to the brake system and detects when the brakes have been engaged to disengage cruise control. Paid $70 for the genuine motorcraft part on amazon (found plenty of similar non-motorcraft parts on ebay for more in the $30 range) and the swap took all of 5 minutes. Cruise control now works perfectly!!
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:25 AM   #130

Very niiiiice