Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2021, 06:19 AM   #151
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoolie_of_Fish View Post

I am a 02' powerstroke 7.3 guy here with the proper steering wheel, new clock spring and need more info on how to make this work......as I kept reading I got more confused because people either have it work or they don't. I think if we can clean some of this up with a a master list of years, complete parts needed, electrical modifications, it will really help the community out here, just saying. Thanks for the help in advanced and reading this far.
Since you have the diesel engine everything in this thread about VSC and gasoline engines is completely useless to your application!

Consider obtaining a Ford EVTM like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162035628142?hash=item25ba13786e:ghYAAOSwGYVXDDT K That's a damn good price on such a must-have manual!

If you do obtain the EVTM I'd be happy to provide my phone number so we could discuss this more directly. PM me and we can proceed from there.

Hope this helps!

J W

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 10:12 AM   #152

I actually already own this manual! PM Me your number would love to chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Since you have the diesel engine everything in this thread about VSC and gasoline engines is completely useless to your application!

Consider obtaining a Ford EVTM like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162035628142?hash=item25ba13786e:ghYAAOSwGYVXDDT K That's a damn good price on such a must-have manual!

If you do obtain the EVTM I'd be happy to provide my phone number so we could discuss this more directly. PM me and we can proceed from there.

Hope this helps!

J W
Skoolie_of_Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2022, 08:56 AM   #153

1998 Ford E350 Cruise - 7.3l diesel

Anyone around the Houston Texas area I could pay to diagnose my issue.
Installed:
Clock spring
New steering wheel
Jumped wires for master cylinder

No luck so far. Willing to pay someone to tell me what I need or to get it working.

Michael Boone
w8keluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:47 PM   #154

Did you find any thing? I got the same problem.

Got a steering wheel and clock speed. Jumped the wire at the master cylinder.

Not working

Went to a diesel shop and checked the ECU and I got no options to turn on cruise.

2003 Ford E350 7.3l diesel
Sztimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:51 PM   #155

I haven’t had any luck.
I’ve replaced the buttons and all. Make sure your buttons are working. There maybe a second brake sensor you have to jump also I’m told but mine doesn’t have it
w8keluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:58 PM   #156

How can I PM would like to chat if you can
Old 03-17-2022, 01:02 PM   #157

Or hit me up on Instagram

Mean_green_gucacmole_machine
Old 03-19-2022, 05:51 AM   #158
JWA

Those of you still struggling to enable and actuate VSC on a DIESEL engine need to re-read the bits wherein I said the servo's ect DO NOT APPLY to that fuel type!

If one simply looks at an EVTM for the appropriate year of their E-Series the differences between the two fuel types present themselves. The only common part types would be a steering wheel with control switch fitment capability, year/fuel type switched, A clock spring year/fuel-type dependent and that's just about all. Those parts may very well be highly year dependent!

All this information is very clearly laid out in your year-appropriate EVTM however you must pay attention to the pages where "Except Diesel" is spelled out at the top of the section pages. In the case of a 2003 E-Series you'll find VSC diagrams under section 31, diesel only beginning on page 31-4.

HTH

I have zero experience with adding or diagnosing/repairing VSC on diesel engines in Ford E-Series.
Old 03-19-2022, 03:01 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
Those of you still struggling to enable and actuate VSC on a DIESEL engine need to re-read the bits wherein I said the servo's ect DO NOT APPLY to that fuel type!

If one simply looks at an EVTM for the appropriate year of their E-Series the differences between the two fuel types present themselves. The only common part types would be a steering wheel with control switch fitment capability, year/fuel type switched, A clock spring year/fuel-type dependent and that's just about all. Those parts may very well be highly year dependent!

All this information is very clearly laid out in your year-appropriate EVTM however you must pay attention to the pages where "Except Diesel" is spelled out at the top of the section pages. In the case of a 2003 E-Series you'll find VSC diagrams under section 31, diesel only beginning on page 31-4.

HTH

I have zero experience with adding or diagnosing/repairing VSC on diesel engines in Ford E-Series.

Now I need to google EVTM. So are you saying that my 2003 7.3 is fly by wire or needs a servo
Old 03-21-2022, 03:00 PM   #160
JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sztimo View Post
Now I need to google EVTM. So are you saying that my 2003 7.3 is fly by wire or needs a servo
Here's an EVTM for your year----this is a bit more expensive than I've ever paid for any of my collection but that's been over 10 years ago. They're growing quite scarce today. https://www.ebay.com/itm/26543456336...AAAOSwlHlhqkO7

In your words the DIESEL engine's VSC is fly-by-wire.